We are passionate about what we do and delight in providing excellent programs that make permanent, positive changes in the lives of those we serve. Our programs are designed to equip our clients with the vision, motivation, life skills, education, and self-discipline necessary to lead a successful life.
Case Manager Responsibilities
-Case Managers should be the “face” of Foster Group Careprograms. Case managers communicate withoutside systems including DHS and JCS.
Therefore, case managers should attend all of the following andtransport the youth when necessary…
· Court hearings, and court reviews
· YTDM meetings -3055- DHS Placement agreement for maintenance payments
· Workers will provide this document.
· Expired 3055- case managers will send out emailsto workers to get updated 3055 while client is in foster group care program -Admit/Intake/Weekly Census
· Coordinate with Admissions Director to scheduleintakes. Review all files and admitpaperwork sent by admission director including HIPPA and Consent to Treatforms.
· Upon Intake be sure to complete Demographics inPANDA including date and time of client arrival to foster group care.
· Email confirmation of arrival to the followingindividuals: Group Living Director, Admissions Director, Nurse, and FosterGroup Care Clinical Lead Therapist, DHS/JCS worker and Parent/Guardian. Be sure to include date and time of arrival.
· Admissions director will email weekly census outto case managers. Case managers need torespond to email within 48 hours with the following information: accuratecensus information, pending discharges for the upcoming week.
· Truancies: Contact the following individuals viaemail detailing brief description of truancy, and time and date of truancywithin one hour of truancy: AdmissionsDirector, Group Living Director, Lead Clinical Therapist, Executive Director, DHS/JCSworkers, parents/guardians, school liaison
· If clientis not going to continue services with WCBS therapist, client needs to bedischarged from Foster group care.
· Email confirmation of discharge to the followingindividuals: Group Living Director, Admissions
Director, Nurse, and FosterGroup Care Clinical Lead Therapist, DHS/JCS worker and
Parent/Guardian. Be sure to include date and time ofdischarge. This needs to be completedwithin one (1) hours of discharge.
-Intake Paperwork to be completed with client upon arrivalto Foster Group Care:
Handbook Signature Page
Plan of Care
Suicide Hotline Sign-off sheet
WCBS Foster Group Care Services MedicationIntake Form
Medication Manager Forms
Initial staffing within 5 days of intake
Staffing notes every 30 days
Discharge staffing within 30 days of discharge
o Required if a client discharges to a family-likesetting
o Required to be face-to-face
o Can be done by program director, primarycounselor, case manager
Initial Treatment Care Plan: to be completedwithin 24 hours of arrival
Initial service plan needs to be completedwithin 15 business days
Subsequent reports need to be completed/updatedevery 90 days
Discharge plan needs to be completed within 10days of discharge
Iowa Department of Human Services document
All reports need to be uploaded into PANDA andemailed to workers upon completion
Parent Meeting (Thursdays 1:30-3:00pm)
Contact logs should be uploaded into Jarvis andPANDA on a monthly basis.
Discharge survey to be completed prior to kiddodischarging from foster group care
Once it is completed, send it to QA director andupload into PANDA -Behavioral Health Intervention Services
Provide Supervision to BHIS provider.
Track BHIS notes to ensure completion andquality of progress notes on a weekly basis.
Coordinate with Group Living Director to fillany holes in the scheduled for BHIS service provision.
Provide BHIS services if a BHIS provider is notavailable to provide the service.
All other duties assigned
WCBS Nurse to get updates on physical/medicalconcerns and medication updates and medical appointments
Therapists (both in-house and outside agencies)
Substance Abuse counselor if applicable
Family members and/or caregivers
Chain of Command
· Direct Supervisors: Group Living Director (GLD)and Lead Clinical Therapist
o GLD will provide supervision of case managementfor the following:
§ Day-to-day tasks; compliance with jobrequirements
§ Group-living concerns and issues
§ Coordination of BHIS service provision
o Lead Clinical therapist will provide supervisionof case management for the following:
§ Completion and quality of service plans
§ Mandatory Case Review on a bi-weekly basis perRFP contract with the state of Iowa:
· Team Meeting (Wednesdays 1-3pm)
· Case Management Meeting (Thursdays 1:30-3:00pm)
· Any additional case review as deemed necessaryby the foster group care leadership team
Hours Regular Business hours