Sequel Youth and Family Services of Owens Cross Roads, is an intensive residential treatment facility providing an array of gender specific, evidenced based and trauma informed services for female adolescents, ages 12-18, with serious and/or chronic emotional and/or behavioral management problems that interfere with the child’s ability to function in the family, school and/or community setting outside of a residential environment.
The Licensed Therapist coordinates and delivers various programmatic treatment interventions to youth based upon their strengths and needs identified in a treatment plan. Interventions include individual, group, and family counseling. The Licensed Therapist acts as a liaison with sponsoring agencies, including utilization review, progress review, and discharge planning. Licensed Therapist also prepares accurate documentation of services delivered within set time frames dictated by licensing agencies and state and federal guidelines.
- Interviews families and students to acquire historical information to be used in developing case assessments.
- Plans and executes Family Day Schedule.
- Conducts group, individual, and family counseling sessions, using professionally prescribed teaching methods, techniques and documenting all services delivered meeting Medicaid and Contract requirements.
- Provides utilization review reports to referral source and sponsoring agencies.
- Initiates family contact using professionally prescribed methods and techniques to convey and receive information regarding students during and after enrollment.
- Interacts with students in a professional manner to elicit positive change.
- Completes other reports, assessments, reviews as assigned in a thoroughly and timely manner meeting all set deadlines by contract requirements and Medicaid standards.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited program in social work, counseling, or related discipline.
- Appropriate clinical licensure (LMSW, LCSW, LMFT or LPC) in the state of Alabama.
- 1 year experience working with adolescents to include family and group work or equivalent combination of education and
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance after 60 days
- Company provided Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Company provided AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Program
- 401K after sixty days
- 6 paid holidays
- 18 days personal leave accrual within first year