We are passionate about what we do and delight in providing excellent programs that make permanent, positive changes in the lives of those we serve. Our programs are designed to equip our clients with the vision, motivation, life skills, education, and self-discipline necessary to lead a successful life.
DO YOU WANT TO WORK WITH DISABLED ADULTS?
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN RECEIVING A $750 SIGN ON BONUS?
If so, Woodward Community Based Services has immediate openings
for Full-Time and Part-Time Direct Support Staff to work with
adults in our Habilitation house located in Des Moines, IA. The shifts
available are evenings, overnights and weekends.
Through a continuum of services, Woodward Community Based Services, a division of Sequel Youth and Family Services, provides education, counseling
and supervision to individuals and families in their home community. Our professionals work in conjunction with local resources to develop a strength-based plan to support success for our consumers.
- Re-entry services
- Aggression Replacement Training
- Tracking and Monitoring services
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services
- School-Based Services
- Wrap-Around Services
- Individual & Group Skill Development
- Foster Group Care
- Adult Habilitation services
The Direct Support Staff will assist clients with expanding their capabilities at the individual’s pace and provide the skills to teach, advocate, encourage, and tolerate the symptoms from their disability while educating them of options to manage their mental health behaviors.
Job Duties Include:
- Conducting room checks to ensure safety of clients.
- Respond to emergencies per program procedures. Give First-Aid until help arrives, if necessary.
- Oversee and document the necessary drills.
- Be an advocate to the client by engaging them with positive interactions, providing them with healthy options, education, learning experiences, building natural supports, and assisting them when they are unable to care for themselves.
- Attend and schedule client appointments as needed.
- Document all observed interaction with clients during the shift. Complete service notes, reports, and released within required timeframes.
- Identify and utilize client's crisis plan, safety plan, and coping skills as needed.
- Supervise the on-going activities and safety of the clients and their environment. Report all noticeable events to Program Supervisor.
- Assist clients with maintaining their residence such as cooking, cleaning, and organizing.
- Provide skill development services to clients in their home and community as outlined in the treatment plan.
- Utilize the intervention steps to complete each goal intended.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with clients and their families, and supports.
- Successfully administer and document all medication.
- HS Diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years' experience working with mental disabilities or a related college degree is preferred.
- Must be capable to participate in the aid of persons with mental, intellectual, or developmental disabilities.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and sufficient liability insurance coverage on the vehicle used to transport clients. Personal vehicle may be required to provide transportation.
- Obtain medication management certification including completion of onsite exam.
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance after sixty days
- Company provided Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Company provided AD&D/Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending Program/Health Savings Account
- 401K after sixty days
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Loan Program
- Employee Assistance Program