Sequel Youth and Family Services, a multi-location organization, is seeking a customer focused, experienced Controller that thrives in a fast-paced medical environment.
Sequel Youth and Family Services, a leading, national company that develops and operates programs for children, adolescents, and adults with behavioral, emotional, or physical challenges. Our mission is to prepare our clients to lead responsible and fulfilling lives by providing mentoring, education, and living support within a safe, structured, dynamic environment – whether on one of our campuses, in the community, or in their own homes.
The Controller analyzes financial information and prepares financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities for assigned programs.
Snapshot of Duties Include:
1. Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards. Including profit / loss analysis, revenue analysis and cash flow analysis.
2. Work extensively in financial, planning and analysis to explain forecast variances and unusual trends. Includes in depth analysis of forecast and actual results.
3. Insure GL entries are assigned to proper accounts.
4. Develop, implement, modify, and document record keeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
5. Prepare financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns.
6. Work extensively with AR personnel to insure bills are accurate and submitted timely and all outstanding invoices are investigated in a timely manner.
7. Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
8. Advise management about issues such as resource utilization and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
9. Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current account standards.
10. Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
11. Analyze FTE/payroll data.
12. Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Must have experience working in Community Based Services (CBS)
- 5+ years progressive experience in accounting/finance.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of GP (Great Plains) and Medik accounting software a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of Computerized Accounts Receivable Systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel.
- CPA preferred, but not required.
- Preference will be given to individuals with multi-location healthcare experience. Behavioral healthcare experience is required.
- Must be able to work extended evening and weekends hours as needed.
- Extensive experience with GL, AR, AP along with private/public payers.
- Must have strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Must have strong working knowledge of Medicaid product lines/Medicaid cost reporting experience.
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance after 60 days
- Company provided AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending program
- 401K after 60 days
- Excellent Paid Time Off plan for balance of work/life
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Educational Assistance Program
Sequel Youth & Family Services is an Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly Employer