The position of Human Resources Business Partner is accountable to the Human Resources Manager to conduct a broad scope of HR duties including involvement in recruitment and retention, policy development, organizational design and employee relations. This includes working with all levels of staff and providing leadership and coaching to ensure the consistent application of internal and legislative policies to both front-line employees as well as the management team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work proactively with management and serve as a resource to ensure HR policies are fairly administered and consistent with legislative requirements both Provincial and Federal.
- Provide leadership and coaching for all Septodont employees in accordance with Septodont’s Mission -Vision and Values, policies and current standard business practices. Promote positive employee relations.
- Support the administration of HR related programs such as policy and procedure development and implementation.
- Lead and/or participate in HR projects as required to ensure continuous improvement of programs.
- Lead, coordinate and promote health, wellness and social activities such as: Flu Clinic, Lunch and Learns, etc.
- Act as a business partner to managers guiding and executing the following:
o Full recruitment life cycle from evaluating job requirements to onboarding initiatives.
o Organization changes within their teams.
o Employee Relations initiatives through the administration and follow-up of employee performance management, involvement in progressive discipline, including facilitating terminations, complaint investigation, probationary monitoring and remedial training / development of employees.
o Disability Management related to Group Benefits. This includes administration of the Return to Work Program including communication with the Disabled worker, Department Managers, and Insurance Carriers.
o Organizational learning and development by facilitating training programs and group discussions on various topics, such as performance management, harassment, and MBTI.
- Complies with GMP guidelines.
- Observe and support all safety guidelines and regulations.
- Responsible for completing all other duties as assigned and in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Work harmoniously with all fellow employees, maintaining confidentiality as appropriate in the context of the business environment.
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources or related discipline.
- CHRL designation or actively pursuing.
- Minimum of 7 years Human Resources experience in a Generalist/Business Partner role providing all end to end HR support to various business units and their teams
- Demonstrated experience and success in all areas of HR (recruitment, performance management, training and development, employee relations, retention strategies, policy development, organizational design).
- U.S. experience working in a Human Resources Capacity.
- Knowledge of Group Benefits claims management including experience administering Return to Work Programs.
- Previous involvement in Employee Relations investigations and implementation of disciplinary action.
- Keen understanding of Employment Legislation both Provincial and Federal.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization including the ability to guide and influence.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, with the ability build relationships with interdepartmental teams.
- Proven ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment and work autonomously.
- Passion to promote and drive positive employee engagement.
- Must be able to attend all shifts.
- Strong client focus.
- Demonstrated initiative in responding to urgent matters.