Job Title: Associate Biologist
This individual must be a self-motivated, detail oriented and energetic scientific person. This is a full-time exempt position that is entry-level in the R&D department based at our headquarter office located in Newark, Delaware.
· Recent college graduate with B. S. or B. A. degree in biology.
· 1-2 years laboratory/research work experience.
· Self-motivated, willingness to learn different techniques, positive attitude, work well in a group environment, and able to work with minimal supervision.
· Knowledge in molecular biology and protein expression in E. coli bacteria.
· Experience with protein purification is a plus.
· Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
· Ability to communicate results of experiments through proper record keeping.
· Carry out molecular cloning, plasmid purification and protein expression experiments.
· Purify the expressed protein with affinity and IEX chromatography.
· Identify, quantify and characterize the target protein with ELISA, ADS-PAGE and Chromatography.
· Provide lab support and assist in research and development of new materials.
· Performance of general housekeeping maintenance in the laboratory and cleanliness in work areas.
· Observe safety precautions as outlined in safety manuals and training.
If you meet the specified requirements, submit a cover letter of interest and resume.