Information Security Systems Engineer
- Expired: August 08, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sentry View Systems is an innovative engineering company headquartered in Melbourne, Florida with additional locations in Montana, North Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming. We are currently seeking an Information Security Systems Engineer (ISSE) based in our HQ in Melbourne.
Candidates must be a citizen of the United States.
Candidates must be located within commuting distance of Melbourne, FL.
The Information Security Systems Engineer is a full-time exempt position responsible for supporting systems applications engineering through design, test, deployment, and monitoring security controls to meet customer tailored NIST 800-53 requirements. The ISSE will conduct vulnerability assessments and support application's owners to remediate weaknesses and address customer-assigned Plans of Action and Milestones (POAMs). The position ensures that system hardware, software, and related procedures adhere to the system's security design and configuration-controlled architecture. This individual will assist program teams with technical analysis and support the testing and roll-out of new patches. This position may require weekend, after hours, or on-call duties to meet program requirements.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Act as primary security engineering support to Operations for the testing and evaluation of new security products and services
- Provide input in describing the system and its functions, information types, operating environments, and security requirements
- Review and provide solution where applicable the adequacy of the security controls and their ability to protect the information system and its information
- Assist in tailoring the security controls
- Assist in determining the assurance measures that can be used to meet the minimum assurance requirement
- Network security engineering design, testing, and implementation
- Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) configuration and technical support
- Global and Local Load Balancer configuration and technical support
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention System configuration and technical support
- Enterprise firewall configuration and technical support
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) infrastructure capabilities evaluation and test support
- Develop, maintain, and publish technical documentation in accordance with Sentry View Systems engineering processes
- Experience with VMWare vCenter, ESXi, VDI, vSAN, and managing virtualization environments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Security or related field, and minimum 4 years related experience; or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Security or related field, and minimum 2 years related experience
- U.S. Citizenship
- Two or more years of experience in Information Security field
- Two or more years of experience in network engineering field (firewalls, routers, switches, VPN)
- Able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance
- ATO's for Video and Cyber networking solutions
- FIPS 140-2
- DoD Security Directive 8570.1
- DoD RMF
- NIST: CNSSI 1001, CNSSI 1002, CNSSI 1013
PREFERRED CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR LICENSING
- CompTIA Security+ or higher
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP)
- DOD Information Technology Security Certification and Accreditation Process (DITSCAP)
- DOD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP)
Must be able to read and produce systems engineering documentation including requirements documents, design documents, test documents, and reports; must be able to proofread and edit engineering and user manuals. Must have an ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and peers.
- Analytical -Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Problem Solving -Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills -Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Quality Management -Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Attention to Detail -Double-checks the accuracy of information and work product to provide accurate and consistent work. Provides information on a timely basis and in a usable form to others who need to act on it. Carefully monitors the details and quality of own and others' work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, type on a computer keyboard, read technical documentation, and examine the work of engineers. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Visual acuity must be high enough to view computer screens from distance of 36 inches and to read customer documentation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, and the employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas, which may require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
Limited travel may occur with this position.
NOTE: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Sentry View Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a Total Rewards package that includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- PTO/Company Holidays/Vacation
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave
Sentry View Systems
TechnologyView all jobs at Sentry View Systems