Sentry Living Solutions San Francisco, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: ILS Coach
Program: Independent Living Services
Areas: San Francisco, Fremont, Berkeley, Oakland, Dublin, Lafayette
Independent Living Services (ILS) provides skills and programs based on the belief that adults who have developmental disabilities may be able to live independently in a home of their choosing if they learn independent living skills. This assumes that the individual will be able to learn the necessary skills to maintain an independent household and that training will decrease over time.
Working one-on-one with a service provider, a person develops the skills needed to live successfully in their own home. This may include, but is not limited to, finding a suitable living arrangement such as a home or apartment, setting up a household, budgeting and money management, negotiating with a landlord, choosing a roommate, getting along with neighbors, shopping, meal preparation, housekeeping, safety and handling emergencies, use of community services, and caring for a pet. With ILS it is assumed that over time the client will become more independent and need less support from Sentry Living Solutions.
· Strong customer service oriented.
· Skill and knowledgeable in teaching developmentally disabled adults.
· Ability to conduct classes independently and structure preparation time efficiently.
· Proficiency in writing objectives, making assessments and collecting data.
· Expert with time management and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
· Willingness to be flexible in shift schedule assignments.
· Possession of a working automobile, a valid California Driver’s License, liability insurance, a clean driving record, and a willingness to drive own car for work-related purposes.
· Exemplify good character for clients and use good and sound judgment.
· Responsible for following clients' written individual service plans.
· Develop educational materials for assigned clients, maintain a record of an individual’s progress, and write quarterly semi-annual and annual reports.
· Plan course content and gather educational materials efficiently.
· Attend as required to clients IPP and other client meetings.
· Attend in-service training provided by the agency.
· Ongoing communication with Program Director and Program Coordinator concerns about the program, client’s progress, and needs.
· Implement behavioral approaches developed by the Director.
· Perform other tasks requested by the Director of Independent Living Services.
· Provide the highest standards of service and customer service. Ensuring that the client is always first and their rights.
· Endurance and Overall Strength: Moving frequently, sitting, standing, walking, and driving for a minimum of 7 hours per day. Bending, lifting and squatting, with objects weighing up 30-50lbs. Must be able to handle lifting/transferring clients with physical impairment problems. Exerts force and lifts or carries objects weighing up to 50-100 pounds frequently and/or occasionally.
· Climbing: Frequently ascend and descend stairs to make rounds of building and client home visits.
· Location: Inside/Outside- Work is predominantly inside and generally provides protection from weather conditions and temperature changes. Outdoors accompanying consumers to assist with daily chores/activities in the community.
· Stairs/Steps: Frequently- occurs on every shift. Ascend and descend stairs to access any required work area or other areas related to functioning in the workplace.
Our vision is to support humanity with compassion and holistic care, one person at a time. We’re achieving this vision by providing superior human services that are tailored to meet each individual’s needs.
Sentry Living Solutions educates, advocates, and provides supportive services and skills training for individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. We strive to advance the independence, productivity, and confidence of clients within the community. We provide one-on-one attention to our clients. We are a client-first culture that focuses on empowerment and results.
Commitment of the highest standards of service with excellence.
Honor our client’s dignity.
Promote equality and create peer connections and socialization.
Uphold the leadership and staff to the highest standards of integrity.
Our greatest asset and the key to our success is our people. We believe that each of us needs a sense of dignity, pride, and satisfaction in what we do. Because ensuring a holistic approach to serving our clients depends on the united efforts of many, we are most effective when we work together cooperatively, respecting each other’s contribution and importance.
Sentry Living Solutions organization was founded on a better model of care, one designed around clients needs that provides a higher level of quality of services. We do this through innovative design, excellent customer service, and the efficient use of technology.
We are focused on caring for our clients in a holistic manner, taking all aspects of clients health, and lifestyle into consideration. As we grow, we’ll continue to add more services to make our care as comprehensive and effective as possible.
We succeed when every decision is based on a clear understanding of and belief in what we do, and when we couple this conviction with sound financial planning. We demonstrate our beliefs most meaningfully in the way we treat each other and by the example we set for one another. In all our interactions with our clients, guests and colleagues we strive to deal with others as we would have them deal with us.
Sentry Living Solutions challenges the notion that delivering high-quality, accessible care is either unachievable or prohibitively expensive. In fact, we’re working to prove that just the opposite is possible. A system where quality care is within reach and available to everyone. We rely on people-centered design, smart application of technology, and a team of talented individuals who have the time and tools to make the right decisions. The integration of these elements allows us to offer a seamless experience that not only saves our patients time and money but also leads to better health outcomes and happier lives.
Sentry Living SolutionsWhy Work Here?
To be able to make a difference in someone's life!
VISION Our vision is to support humanity with compassion and holistic care, one person at a time. We’re achieving this vision by providing superior human services that are tailored to meet each individual’s needs. MISSION Sentry Living Solutions educates, advocates, and provides supportive services and skills training for individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. We strive to advance the independence, productivity, and confidence of clients within the community. We provide one-on-one attention to our clients. We are a client-first culture that focuses on empowerment and results. CORE VALUES Commitment of the highest standards of service with excellence. Honor our client’s dignity. Promote equality and create peer connections and socialization. Uphold the leadership and staff to the highest standards of integrity.
AddressSan Francisco, CA