Subject Matter Expert (SME) Computer User Support Specialist - Vicksburg, MS
Subject Matter Expert- Computer User Support Specialist
Sentrillion is seeking to hire a full-time Subject Matter Expert (SME) Computer User Support Specialist to our team in Vicksburg MS. Are you a talented, experienced computer and systems technician who wants to be part of a fast-growing, family-oriented company that makes a difference for your country and offers career growth opportunities nationwide? Do you thrive in a fast-paced and exciting work environment? Would you like to have your hard work recognized and rewarded? If so, then you are the person that we're looking for to join our team!
Sentrillion works hard to attract and retain employees who are committed to the important work that we do for our customers and the nation. Many have been with us for more than a decade! To do this, we offer a full benefits package, training programs, and opportunities for advancement. And we maintain a collaborative corporate culture that values people, is honest and open, promotes teamwork, and encourages a healthy work-life balance. If this sounds like the opportunity to further your career that you've been looking for, apply for this position today!
A DAY IN THE LIFE
The Subject Matter Expert (SME) Computer User Support Specialist possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments. May supervise others. Duties include but not limited to:
- Provide technical assistance to computer users.
- Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically.
- User account management (establish user accounts, reset passwords)
- Assist users with understanding software and hardware capabilities.
- System level administration and troubleshooting
- Continuous systems performance monitoring to ensure operational capability.
- Assist in maintaining standard operating procedures.
- Must hold an active in scope SECRET clearance.
- A HS diploma with a minimum of 8 years related experience or AS degree with 6+ years' experience, BA degree is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge in troubleshooting data processing processes and procedures.
- Experience in training and providing technical assistance to end-users.
- Experience with windows server setup and configuration, UNIX operating systems, and Remedy help desk software.
- Experience in C/Fortran programming is preferred.
- Experience in parallel programming with MPI and OpenMP is preferred.
- Compiling and debugging programs is preferred.
- General knowledge of high-performance computers is preferred.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR THE SENTRILLION TEAM?
Are you organized and able to prioritize tasks effectively? Do you have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal? Are you flexible and able to adapt to changing business needs? Are you team-oriented and committed to professionalism and integrity? If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
For nearly a quarter of a century, we have been helping secure America's borders and safeguard national assets through integrated technology solutions. We develop strategies and implement solutions that increase safety and security, save time, decrease cost, and improve outcomes. We are also committed to being good corporate citizens and helping improve the communities in which we live and work by partnering with community organizations and volunteering. A right-sized organization, we are big enough to protect the perimeter of the country, yet small enough to rapidly respond to customer needs.
Sentrillion is an EEO Employer / Protected Vet / Disabled
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
TechnologyView All Sentrillion Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.