Sentrillion is seeking to hire an Information Engineer II in the MD/DC/VA metro area to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Agency in various efforts providing application development and continued operational support of passenger and immigration management systems.
The mission is to deliver and sustain technology solutions to prevent terrorism, and safeguard and expedite legitimate travel into and out of the United States.
These applications support a 24 x 7 mission and handle millions of transactions a day with very quick response times. The CBP mission is very dynamic and the mission requirements evolve as security threats and technologies emerge.
Under the supervision of Program Manager, the Information Engineer II Works with Ada, SQL, JAVA, .NET, ArcXML, ArcIMS. ArcSDE, Oracle Spatial, third/fourth generation languages, XML, SOAP, REST, resource pooling, and rapid elasticity in the design and implementation of systems and using database management systems.. Knowledgeable of applicable standards and provides general technical support.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides phone and in-person support to users in the areas of e-mail, directories, standard Windows desktop applications, and applications developed under this contract or predecessors.
- Designs software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manages their implementation
- Manages software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools
- Provides input to estimate software development costs and schedule. Reviews existing programs and assists in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques.
- May manage, coordinate, or install system upgrades. Uses diagnostic software to test and isolate ADPE to validate functionality
- May provide system analysis and integration and oversee system operations.
- Often assists with monitoring system performance and security and sets up terminal/printer queues. Provides in-service support for proper use of system software, hardware, or applications and provides Tier 1 technical support for ADPE
- Works independently under minimal supervision
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent
- One (1) year of experience of general experience. Six (6) years of general experience is equivalent to a Bachelor's degree. With a Master's degree, no experience is required.
- Must have working knowledge of Ada, SQL, JAVA, .NET, ArcXML, ArcIMS. ArcSDE, Oracle Spatial, third/fourth generation languages
- Experience with MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Adobe Acrobat
- Possesses ability to assume increasing responsibilities in information engineering activities
- Ability to obtain and maintain CBP-BI
- Ability to work designated schedule, as well as maintain attendance and punctuality.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs.
- Able to travel by air, automobile or train as necessary to CONUS CBP and Sentrillion locations.
- Alexandria, VA
- Lorton, VA
- Ashburn, VA
- Springfield, VA
- Falls Church, VA
For nearly a quarter of a century, Sentrillion has been helping secure America's borders and safeguard national assets through integrated technology solutions. We develop strategies and implement solutions that increase safety and security, save time, decrease cost, and improve outcomes. We are also committed to being a good corporate citizen and helping improve the communities in which we live and work by partnering with community organizations and volunteering. A right-sized organization, we are big enough to protect the perimeter of the country, yet small enough to rapidly respond to customer needs.
Sentrillion is an EEO Employer / Protected Vet / Disabled
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
For nearly a quarter of a century, we have been helping secure America’s borders and safeguard national assets. Our full-lifecycle physical security solutions are critical to protecting the nation and its citizens. We develop strategies and implement solutions that increase safety and security, save time, decrease cost and improve outcomes. We also provide telecommunications services that leverage secure wireless communications to increase capacity and improve performance for government and commercial customers.
We support U.S. Customs and Border Protection at 295 facilities along 8,000 miles of borders with more than 10,000 sensors.