General Managers are the main representatives of management to the residents and the public. They have the direct responsibility for the day-to-day operation and performance of the property. They are the vehicles for implementing all of the policies and procedures established by the company.
Currently Established Responsibilities:
- Hiring and supervising the training of all property personnel.
- Staffing and maintaining the business office, rental office, model apartments and maintenance control center, as needed for the efficient operation of the community.
- Making certain the business office and rental office are open and staffed at all times during scheduled office hours.
- Establishing and maintaining all office procedures, files and records, reports and systems needed to effectively manage the property according to the current asset plan for the community as well as policies and procedures established by the company.
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual asset plan and property operating budget and monitoring income and expense items to ensure adherence to the budget.
- Supervising and processing all rental applications, and implementing rental standards and qualifications established by the company.
- Supervising rent collection, bank deposits and collection of delinquent accounts.
- Supervising the marketing program and maintaining qualified personnel and necessary leasing materials to effectively present the community.
- Supervising and directing the scheduling of all preventative maintenance, repairs, services, grounds maintenance, HVAC maintenance, painting, cleaning and other maintenance to efficiently operate the property.
- Evaluating market comparables and all new construction, and reporting to the District Manager all changes in rent, concessions, incentives and amenities being offered by new properties.
- Supervising and processing all rental applications, and responsibly implementing rental standards and qualifications established by the company.
- Handling all resident complaints and public relations problems.
- Conducting an after dark inspection of the property at least every two weeks to verify operation of common area lighting.
- Working with the maintenance staff to ensure that adequate inventories of parts, supplies, materials and equipment needed to meet the requirements of the property are on hand.
- Preparing all reports and surveys as required by the company, or as requested.
- Walking the property daily to inspect for cleanliness and proper trash collection, illegally parked cars, misuse of the property and safety hazards. Inspections must include spot checks of breezeways and interior halls at all levels, all amenity areas, the maintenance shop and the model apartments.
- Inspecting vacant units for market readiness prior to move-in and after move-out.
- Preparing and approving all Processing Invoices.
- Enforcing company policies, leasing standards and directives, and adhering to the procedures established by the company.
- Performing such duties and assuming other responsibilities as may be assigned.
The General Manager Must Satisfy the Following Qualifications:
- Must have previous experience as an Assistant Manager or General Manager.
- Must have experience in the direct supervision of a business office, including rentals or sales office and maintenance operations of comparable residential community with respect to marketing, operations, staffing, and supervisory responsibility.
- Must be knowledgeable in the overall requirements, responsibilities and duties of an Apartment Manager, and be able to supervise and direct all property employees.
- Must have an operating telephone and carry a pager if requested by the District Manager.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- 401k Plan
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Participation in bonus program
Link to Apply (General Manager position):