Senior Marketing Associate
Sensory Interactive translates client goals and objectives into powerful platforms built for showcasing experiential, revenue-generating, informational and targeted digital media communications. We work with some of the world’s largest and prestigious developers and investment banking groups, healthcare organizations, shopping mall developers, casino operators, corporations, pro-sports teams, and public institutions, and our high-profile projects include digital urban experiences, interactive educational exhibits, large format digital art experiences, sports arena display programs, and Times Square LED spectaculars. Our team consistently works at the leading edge of digital media technology and experiential design to create the industry’s most memorable and compelling environments.
In addition to architecture, members of our diverse team have backgrounds in real estate, construction, content development, technology, and media sales. We're united in our desire to break down the barriers between disciplines and collaborate on work that exceeds our clients' expectations. We're also having fun doing it, with a company culture that supports a healthy work-life balance and offers some of the best benefits in the industry.
As a team member at Sensory interactive, you'll let the world know about how to combine digital experiences with physical spaces to foster new kinds of user interactions. Our multidisciplinary approach and cross-industry project portfolio are putting our firm on the leading edge of technologies and business models that are changing built environments around the world.
As a Senior Marketing Associate in our Washington DC office, you will lead a team responsible for all external messaging that promotes all divisions within the firm. The position includes setting strategy, establishing budgets, planning schedules, creating and distributing content, building and maintaining relationships, monitoring publication, and measuring success – all with a “whatever it takes” attitude.
You must have superb organizational skills, pay careful attention to details, have the ability to prioritize, be able to work to tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure. Specific qualifications include:
- 8-10 years of professional experience in a marketing position at one or more firms similar to Sensory Interactive.
- Experience in managing many projects, with various teams, in various locations.
- Prior experience managing a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Business Administration, or other related fields.
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability.
- A great collaborator who works well with senior staff and communications team members to secure information supported by data.
- Solid knowledge of marketing, data collection, analysis and fact-checking.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Knowledge or background in real estate or architectural design is a plus, but not required.
You will be responsible for strategic planning, maintaining tools and assets, building and training the Marketing Team, crafting and delivering outbound messaging across all platforms, and maintaining the Sensory Interactive brand.
- Develop annual marketing strategies, calendar, and tactics; manage Marketing Team against strategy and tactics.
- Perform a thorough assessment of existing processes and tools; develop comprehensive plans to better align processes and tools with brand and market position.
- Identify opportunities for establishing thought leadership in each internal division.
- Develop and utilize success metrics to assess performance against annual marketing strategies.
- Create, improve, maintain, and utilize marketing tools at constantly improving levels of efficiency and quality. This includes long-term ownership and day-to-day content responsibilities for the web site, social media platforms, public relations materials, and other tools.
- Develop, train, and manage a best-in-class marketing team.
- Coordinate quarterly with Business Development and firm leadership to review the Marketing Team’s performance; proactively address weaknesses and opportunities.
- Update and maintain content across marketing tools. This includes the web site, social media, public relations materials, client-facing materials, project information, libraries, and other collateral. Design, draft and publish new material as required for ongoing and specific needs.
- Maintain clear lines of communication with the Business Development team; coordinate needs; create assets and content for pitches, RFQ responses, presentations, talks, etc.
- Be responsible for all quality aspects of each tool and its content. This includes design quality, copy quality, brand appropriateness, timeliness, etc.
- Participate in new-hire onboarding; communicate to new hires the Marketing Team’s tools, tactics, libraries, and policies.
- Ability to travel and maintain a flexible schedule.
- Medical/health plan reimbursement
- 401K profit-sharing plan
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Employee cell phone plan reimbursement
- Employee referral bonuses
- Wellness incentives
- Continuing education