Senior Associate, Graphic Designer
Sensory Interactive translates client goals and objectives into powerful platforms built for showcasing experiential, revenue-generating, informational and targeted digital media communications. We work with some of the world’s largest and prestigious real estate developers, investment banking groups, healthcare organizations, entertainment venue operators, public and private corporations, pro-sports teams, and public institutions.
Our high-profile projects cover the spectrum from master planning, to digital urban experiences, interactive educational exhibits, large format digital art experiences, sports arena display programs, and Times Square LED spectaculars. Our team consistently works at the leading edge of digital media technology and experiential design to create the industry’s most memorable and compelling environments.
Members of our diverse nationally based teams have backgrounds in architecture, real estate, finance, construction, engineering, content development, technology, and media sales. We're united in our desire to break down the barriers between disciplines and collaborate on work that exceeds our clients' expectations. We're also having fun doing it, with a company culture that supports a healthy work-life balance.
As a team member at Sensory interactive, you'll let the world know about how to combine digital experiences with physical spaces to foster new kinds of user interactions. Our multidisciplinary approach and cross-industry project portfolio are putting our firm on the leading edge of technologies and business models that are changing built environments around the world.
As a Graphic Designer with the Project Delivery Team, you be responsible for establishing and communicating the sense-of-place across media in built environments. You will participate in the conceptualization, development, and execution of visual concepts that get expressed as physical objects, digital content, and interactive experiences. Your will work alongside architects, project managers, technologists, and others.
You are a detail-oriented, deadline-focused conceptual thinker who can own design projects from start to finish. The position requires managing multiple jobs simultaneously with a fair amount of “context switching” during any given week. Direct interaction with, and presentation to clients and internal stakeholders will be part of this position: you are comfortable representing your work and contributing to team collaborations. This position reports to the Austin Studio Leader.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field.
- 6-10 years of experience in a professional design studio environment.
- Strong graphic design and typographic skills.
- A portfolio of very strong print, environmental, digital, and interactive work.
- A keen understanding of brand and identity, and the ability to translate brands across a myriad of design media.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Mastery of relevant Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Solid project management skills; ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and to execute on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Participate in creative efforts related to brand, identity, and experience of place.
- Utilize storytelling skills to envision and illustrate the changing character of places over time.
- Develop concepts, refine and document ideas, and execute production graphics.
- Translate complex information into compelling graphics.
- Willingness to learn and be adaptable to a variety of scopes and deliverables.
- Coordinate directly with multiple internal project teams.
- Deliver exceptional work on time, every time.
- Occasional travel for client and internal meetings required.
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401K profit-sharing plan
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Employee cell phone plan reimbursement
- Employee referral bonuses
- Wellness incentives
- Continuing education
We have learned from experience that owners unfamiliar with digital media are often challenged to efficiently steer a project from design and programming through construction and long-term operation. In response, we have built our business on guiding clients through the full development and implementation process for dynamic media environments.