Position: Senior Attorney
This position is based at our Milwaukee headquarters, with some limited travel. It reports to the Senior Vice President, General Counsel, and Secretary, and will have considerable internal and external business and legal contacts.
Working closely with executive management, sales, and supply chain, and under the general direction of the Senior Vice President, General Counsel, and Secretary, this position will be primarily responsible for drafting, reviewing, and negotiating all types of commercial contracts and for managing Sensient’s Corporate subsidiaries. This position also supervises the Legal Department’s paralegal, who supports subsidiary management and electronic discovery matters.
Main Duties and Responsibilities :
- Drafts and reviews commercial contracts to meet the business needs of the Company while minimizing liabilities
- Provides commercial law advice to internal business partners
- Negotiates with contract counterparties when required
- Proactively manages the entire commercial contracting process, from business planning stage to contract execution and implementation
- Works with outside counsel to provide subsidiary management and support
- Provides other legal advice and assistance in commercial and other legal matters as required
- Proactive, intelligent, independent, and creative problem solver who takes individual initiative to get the job done with minimal direction
- A JD Degree from an accredited law school with a license to practice law in the United States and top academic credentials
- Highly developed written and oral communications skills, with the ability to clearly articulate recommendations and options about complex legal issues
- Excellent management skills and business judgment with a capacity to make decisions and give practical, plain-English advice to non-lawyers
- Demonstrates an understanding of overall business objectives and the ability to provide sound, practical counsel
- Highly responsive to internal business contacts
- 4-5 years of experience with commercial contracts
Sensient Technologies Corporation is a leading global manufacturer and marketer of colors, flavors, and fragrances. Sensient employs advanced technologies at facilities around the world to develop specialty food and beverage systems, cosmetic and pharmaceutical systems, and colors, and other specialty and fine chemicals. The Company's customers include major international manufacturers representing most of the world's best-known brands. Sensient is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
As a dynamic and diversified global leader, we offer an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package. For more information, visit our website at http://www.sensient.com/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sensient Technologies Corporation has facilities around the world that produce a broad range of innovative products for many of the world’s best-known consumer and industrial companies. We provide customized food and beverage systems, pharmaceutical colors and coatings, cosmetic and personal care formulations, specialty inks and colors, and other fine chemicals.