Sensient Natural Ingredients Livingston, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
During the processing season this position will work on a rotation schedule every six weeks and be responsible for all plant operations. Assists Plant Manager and Department Managers in any process changes in mill or wet-prep areas. Oversee any assigned maintenance projects to ensure timely completion. Help maintain high level of sanitation in production areas by completing any necessary follow up. Complete employee training in any areas deemed necessary by Plant Manager or Department Managers. This position will also assist in the implementation and maintenance of our safety, sanitation and training programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review daily schedules to ensure production demands are met.
- Oversee all aspects of the plant on a shift basis to ensure all production, quality, safety, and sanitation expectations are achieved.
- Conduct employee training on an as needed basis determined by Plant Manager and Department Managers. Help ensure that there are no deficiencies in any of the company programs, policies, or procedures.
- Help coordinate and oversee yearly employee training for all hourly production employees as deemed necessary by Plant Manager.
- Perform routine safety audits on a yearly basis of all plant personnel.
- Audit the plant sanitation to ensure high level of cleanliness throughout the plant. Ensure all plant sanitation forms are up to date and filled out correctly.
- Audit plant safety programs to ensure compliance to safety programs.
- Perform maintenance and lead any assigned projects during down season.
- Provide relief for supervisors on shift as deemed necessary.
- Troubleshoot elctro-mechanical, network, control and electrical problems incorporated with process equipment.
- Perform controls or automation instrumentation improvements to enhance equipment process operation.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Initiative and communication skills are a must.
- This position requires a person to be able to make strong, sound, safe decisions in complex, high-pressure situations.
- This position must provide effective leadership to numerous personnel and various plant activities.
- This position must be self-motivated, capable of working effectively with minimal supervision and has the ability to prioritize and make efficient use of time and resources.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Ag systems Management, Ag Engineering, Food Science, Ag Business, or related field is desirable.
- At least 7 years’ experience in a food production supervisory role
- 4 years plant engineering experience in a manufacturing environment. Prior experience in vegetable dehydration and milling is highly desirable.
- Significant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with analog signals 4-20mA and 0-10V
- Excellent diagnostic and trouble shooting skills
- Knowledge of electro-hydraulics
- Understanding setting up, tuning and calibrating PID loops and controls, sensors, etc.
- Working knowledge of industrial wiring, controls, and instrumentation.
- Thorough understanding of electrical and electro-mechanical system fundamentals
- Experience with 480V motors to 500 HP, VFD’s control circuits, PLC controls, networks, sensors, meters and calibration methods.
As a dynamic and diversified global leader, we offer an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package. For more information, visit our website at http://www.sensient.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sensient Natural IngredientsWhy Work Here?
One of the largest producers and distributors of dehydrated onion and garlic products as well as chili powder, paprika, and chili pepper.
The Sensient Natural Ingredients group is part of Sensient Flavors & Extracts Group and is one of the largest producers and distributors of dehydrated onion and garlic products as well as chili powder, paprika, chili pepper and dehydrated vegetables such as parsley, celery and spinach. These ingredients are used in many of today's popular convenience foods.
9984 W Walnut AveLivingston, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Sensient Natural Ingredients