SeniorWell is the leader in healthcare innovation, providing on-site audiology, dentistry, optometry and podiatry services to nursing facilities across the Midwest. SeniorWell team members have over 20 years of industry experience dedicated to serving residents of long-term care facilities.
Under general supervision of the Logistics Manager, the Health Management Information Specialist 2 (HMI-2) will schedule all routine and non-routine medical services with various local healthcare providers for an assigned state or facility. In addition, the Health Management Information Specialist 2 (HMI-2) will perform a variety of receptionist, clerical, record keeping and miscellaneous duties in support and care of services provided by SeniorWell.
* Scheduling and rescheduling of all medical services for assigned patient and facility population.
* Coordinate scheduling and referrals to other healthcare providers and services.
* Daily confirmation of all facility appointments.
* Order, prepare and generate appropriate reports.
* Receive, screen and coordinate telephone calls from healthcare providers.
* Assist with maintaining and updating all provider addresses and phone numbers.
* Receive incoming correspondence and review/forward to appropriate staff.
* Daily data entry of medical appointments, special instructions, and patient information.
* Prepare reports and forms as directed by licensed staff and in accordance with established policies.
* Perform a variety of administrative duties including but not limited to: answering phones, faxing and filing of confidential documents, and basic Internet and email utilization.
* Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers
* Education: High School Diploma; Associate Degree and/or certificate program preferred.
* Training and experience: Three (3) years of medical clinic administrative or medical scheduling experience preferred. Internet, email, MS Office and data entry skills required. Unless otherwise indicated, one year of current experience within the last three years in a comparable job classification required.
* Educated on and compliant with HIPAA regulations; maintains strict confidentiality of patient and client information.
* Ability to pass state/federal background security check and work in state/federal correctional institution.
* Ability to work effectively within role independently and with other team members.
* Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner.
* Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English.