Who are we?
SeniorWell is a provider of on-site healthcare for seniors in senior living communities. We are passionate about making healthcare more accessible and manageable for our patients, as their well-being is always our first priority. With SeniorWell’s dedicated and experienced clinical service team, innovative provider technologies, and in-house labs, no one is better equipped to serve our clients.
Why join the team?
Excellent medical, dental, and vision plans
Flexible spending accounts
Generous PTO package
Under general supervision of the Logistics Manager, the Health Management Information Specialist (HMI-1) will facilitate insurance verification of all routine and non-routine medical services with various local healthcare providers for an assigned state or facility. In addition, the Health Management Information Specialist (HMI-1) will perform a variety of receptionist, clerical, record keeping and miscellaneous duties in support and care of services provided by SeniorWell.
1. Education: High School Diploma; Associate Degree and/or certificate program preferred.
2. Experience: Two (2) years in a fast-paced administrative environment. Medical clinic administrative or insurance verification experience preferred. Internet, email, MS Office and data entry skills required. Unless otherwise indicated, one year of current experience within the last three years in a comparable job classification required.
3. Licensure: Not required.
1. Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
2. Perform verification of insurance for all routine and non-routine medical services.
3. Perform all data entry duties as assigned.
4. Perform a variety of administrative duties including but not limited to: answering phones, faxing and filing of confidential documents, and basic Internet and email utilization.
5. Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
THIS SECTION DESCRIBES WHAT KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES AN ASSOCIATE IN THIS POSITION SHOULD CURRENTLY POSSESS. THIS LIST MAY NOT BE COMPLETE FOR ALL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
1. Knowledge of key internal/external healthcare environments.
2. Knowledge of computers and software programs.
3. Demonstrate superior customer service skills to external and internal customers.
4. Skill in organizing and prioritizing workloads to meet deadlines.
5. Effective oral and written communication skills.
6. Ability to interpret and communicate data from statistical reports.
7. Ability to communicate effectively with patients and co-workers.
8. Ability to adhere to safety policies and procedures.
9. Ability to use good judgement and to maintain confidentiality of information.
10. Ability to accept direction and adhere to policies and procedures.
11. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
12. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Demonstrated typing skills of 60 wpm.