Manager, Care Management (Behavioral Health) - Louisiana Medicaid
DescriptionHumana Healthy Horizons in Louisiana is seeking a Manager, Care Management (Behavior Health) who will lead our behavioral health care management operations and staff to ensure timely and culturally-competent delivery of care, services, and supports in compliance with Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) contractual requirements and industry best practices.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Supervise care management personnel and oversee all care management functions, including assessment, care planning, and care coordination.
- Lead development of care management policies and procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and incorporate industry best practices.
- Collaborate with internal departments, providers, and community partners to support the delivery of high-quality care management services, including introducing innovative approaches to care coordination.
- Oversee the processes for comprehensive enrollee assessments to identify their individual needs.
- Monitor and maintain staffing levels to meet care and service quality objectives.
- Support orientation and training of staff.
- Conduct timely evaluations of direct reports and provide regular opportunities for professional development .
- Influence and assist corporate leadership in strategic planning to improve effectiveness of case and disease management programs for behavioral health.
- Collect and analyze performance reports on care management functions to monitor adherence with benchmarks, identify opportunities for process improvement, and develop recommendations to leadership.
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioner (LMHP) who is licensed to practice independently in Louisiana and is in compliance with the requirements of one of the following regulated areas: Physicians (Psychiatrists), Medical Psychologists, Licensed Psychologists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs), Licensed Professional Counselors (LPCs), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFTs), Licensed Addiction Counselors (LACs) or Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN) with specialization in adult psychiatric and mental health.
- Must reside in the state of Louisiana.
- Minimum Five (5) years' experience working in the healthcare setting.
- Minimum two (2) years of management/supervisory experience.
- Minimum one (1) year of work experience in the behavior health field.
- Experience in case management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently under general instructions and with a team.
- This role is considered patient facing and is a part of Humana's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- This role is a part of Humana's Driver Safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver's license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least100,000/300,000/100,000limits.
- Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office.
- A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25x10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
- Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information.
- Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field.
- Certified Case Manager (CCM) or willingness to obtain within 2 years of employment.
- Experience serving Medicaid, TANF, and/or CHIP populations.
- Workstyle: Remote.
- Travel: 25% in-state travel.
- Direct Reports: up to 12 Associates.
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Modern Hire, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you will receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice Interview and/or an SMS Text Messaging interview. If participating in a pre-recorded interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions via your phone. You should anticipate this interview to take approximately 10-15 minutes.
If participating in a SMS Text interview, you will be asked a series of questions to which you will be using your cell phone or computer to answer the questions provided. Expect this type of interview to last anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Your recorded interview(s) via text and/or pre-recorded voice will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
HealthcareView All SeniorBridge Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.