Emergency Medical Technician EMT
Senior Independent Living Residence Naperville, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB TITLE: EMT-B / Security Officer
DEPARTMENT: General Services
DIVISION: Security and Emergency Services
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of General Services
REVISION DATE: January 2021
The EMT-B/Security Officer is primarily responsible for providing emergency medical care to residents, employees and visitors. The EMT-B/Security Officer is also responsible for executing the company’s security routines in order to provide a safe and secure environment. This position requires state licensing/certification and an EMT-B or EMT-P.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides medical treatment as an EMT-B by responding to emergency and non-emergency calls in accordance with the EMS Region’s SOP.
2. Evaluates the medical needs of patients and coordinates with key partners in order to provide the appropriate level of care to patients.
3. Dispatches public emergency services personnel and/or private ambulance services when necessary.
4. Stabilizes and treats patients on site until the care of the patient is properly transferred to other responding agencies.
5. Completes reports that describe the nature of the incident, assessment, treatment and outcome of the situation in compliance with Region 8 EMS system’s SOP’s.
6. Serves as a liaison between the community and local first responders within the parameters of the Incident Command System as necessary.
7. Makes scheduled rounds both inside and outside the buildings to maintain a secure environment for resident and their property as well as company property.
8. Responds to and manages incidents in the community when necessary (fire, vehicle, mechanical, crime, etc.).
9. Staffs the gatehouse and the front desk as needed.
10. All other duties as assigned.
1. High school education or GED required.
2. Current EMT-Basic License/Certification through the State of Illinois required.
3. Valid IL State driver’s license with a good driving record required.
4. Must meet Edward EMS System entry requirements and be functioning as an EMT-B within ninety (90) days of hire.
5. Ability to maintain current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR certification.
6. Ability to maintain continuing education hours as mandated by the State of Illinois
7. Ability to work in close cooperation with residents, guests, visitors, families, supervisor and peers. Requires courtesy, flexibility and integrity.
8. Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic.
9. Ability to write reports in a clear, concise manner with good grammar and spelling.
10. Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
11. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
12. Regular and predictable attendance is essential for this position.
MONARCH LANDING IS AN E. O. E.
MONARCH LANDING IS AN Equal Opportunity Employer and E-VERIFY Employer
Senior Independent Living Residence
We are a Life Plan Community located on an 80-acre scenic campus in Naperville, Illinois, which has been named “one of America’s best places to live and retire” by Modern Maturity, and “the best city for early retirement” by Kiplinger. Monarch Landing offers independent living, promoting a vibrant lifestyle for active seniors. The Springs at Monarch Landing provides memory support assisted living, enriched living, rehabilitation, respite, and skilled nursing services, thus providing complete continuing care for seniors
2255 Monarch Drive NapervilleNaperville, IL