The Occupancy Coordinator is responsible for managing all incoming applications and resident certifications in compliance with HUD program requirements.
· Ensures compliance with all HUD Program requirements as it relates to associated contracts and agreements.
· Ensures compliance with HUD income requirements, and yearly rent updates.
· Reviews monthly activity in HUD software (Yardi)
· Determines eligibility for assistance and occupancy of all applicants in accordance with program guidelines.
· Processes original, initial, interim, and termination certifications along with third party verifications for yearly recertifications and admission of residents.
· Ensures 100% occupancy through effective waitlist management
· Responds to inquiries and questions regarding resident admission and waitlist
· Works closely with the Property Manager and submit all files for approval
· Perform other duties as assigned or required by management.
· Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
· Sensitivity to the concerns of residents and a commitment to dealing fairly with all
· Friendly demeanor, positive disposition, tactful, patience and high ethical character
· Maintains a professional demeanor and responds with urgency
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; attention to detail
· Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
· The ability to work quickly and efficiently, multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of diverse constituents
· Self-directed and proactive; independent problem solver
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma required; some college a plus
· Two (2) years prior work experience in customer service role; working with an elderly and/or disabled population a plus
· Knowledge of HUD requirements and Yardi software a plus
Expected Hours of Work:
This role is considered full-time and will work approximately 40 hours per week. Schedule flexibility may be permitted, but must be available during the "core" work hours of 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.