For the first 100 hours worked, we are offering a sign-on bonus!
We provide in-home, non-medical care to seniors who want to remain in their home instead of going to a nursing home or assisted living facility. Our mission is to ensure a better quality of life for our elderly clients and their families, by providing dependable and affordable care.
We look for caring, kind, dependable and personable individuals who desire to provide our services to the elderly. Our experienced caregivers often become like surrogate family members helping to meet the needs of our clients, allowing them to maintain their independence at home.
We offer flexible work schedules that can be tailored to fit your lifestyle, including days, evenings, nights and weekends. This is a rewarding part-time opportunity that can meet your desired schedule - and - you don't need to be licensed or certified!
Senior Helpers provides caregivers with professional training so they can develop expertise in Alzheimer’s, dementia, Parkinson’s, and general senior care. Training & Certification opportunities offered by Senior Helpers keep you ahead of the industry and provide you with the knowledge & skills that will take your career to the next level. Jumpstart Your Career today with the leading in-home senior care company.
We are looking for people who are committed to enhance the quality of life of seniors and people with disabilities by providing the best in-home care with empathy, excellence and integrity.
Minimum shift is 4 hours.
As a Caregiver, you will be primarily responsible for providing companionship and assistance with meal preparation, laundry and light housekeeping, including:
- Caring companionship & conversation
- Transportation (errands, appointments, etc.)
- Apparel selection (i.e. laying out clothes)
- Meal assistance - planning and preparation
- Medication reminders
- Mobility support (standby assist, transfer, hoyer lift)
- Light Housekeeping/Household
- Personal Care (bathing, dressing, bathroom needs, grooming, etc.)
- Management (incl. laundry and linen changing)
- Helping family members learn safe care techniques
- Tolerance to small pets (dogs and/or cats)
- Other care related duties, as required
No previous experience is necessary for you to become a great caregiver; many of our caregivers have been in a care-giving situation within their own family. Being a caregiver is a very rewarding experience for everyone involved! Please note: you will need a driver’s license and car to get to your client’s house and to take them on errands during the day. Must be able to work the minimum of 3 hours per shift.
- Ability to treat clients with dignity and respect
- Ability to read, write, and speak English at an average adult level and interpret the Plan of Care Document provided by Senior Helpers
- Spanish speakers welcomed; se habla Español
- Ability to travel to and from client locations is required
- Smartphone and use of phone-based shift logging application is required
- Valid US issued driver’s license with no serious driving violations required
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations
- Pass a criminal background check prior to employment with Senior Helpers
- Prior experience with dementia patients and senior care, a plus, but not required
- Must be able to be reached via phone or email for shift schedules, client updates and/or emergencies
WHY JOIN THE SENIOR HELPERS?
- Health benefits available
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible scheduling
- Training and support for our caregivers
Senior Helpers of Denver