Nurse - Adult Day Services Program
SENIOR FRIENDSHIP CENTERS INC Sarasota, FL
- Posted: January 07, 2021
Sarasota Friendship Center - Sarasota, FL
Our Mission: To promote health, dignity and quality of life throughout the journey of aging.
The ADS Program Nurse is responsible for monitoring the health and well-being of participants in the Adult Day Service Program and for assisting the ADS Manager with the daily operations of the program.
- Monitor the health of participants. Respond to questions, complaints, and symptoms; respond to illnesses and/or emergencies.
- Administer and record daily medications as prescribed by the participant's physician.
- Monitor vital signs and weights as required by regulations.
- Observe and document changes in participant functioning level and confer with case manager/family regarding any issues.
- Maintain current physical care plans and quarterly reviews on each participant, as required by regulations.
- Supervise the service of meals and snacks and maintain required documentation to ensure the documented nutritional needs of participants are met.
- Assist with the order and maintenance of first aid supplies.
- Ensure that participant special needs are met by staff; including, but not limited to, ambulation hydration, toileting, and personal hygiene. Provide personal care assistance when needed.
- Provide ongoing training for staff on proper techniques for transfers, toileting, and physical assistance.
- Assist the ADS Manager in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of social, educational, and recreational programs that maximize skills and interests.
- Willing and able to flex work hours to meet program staffing needs.
- Report any incident of abuse or neglect as mandated by state guidelines.
- Must comply with HIPAA regulations and OSHA laws and safety guidelines.
- Attend staff meetings, training, and seminars as required.
- Participate in fundraising and outreach activities to promote the organization's mission.
- Must comply with all Senior Friendship Centers personnel policies.
- Must protect the safety and health of staff, volunteers, participants, and others by observing and following the organization's safety and incident policies.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and adapt to the needs of the organization.
- Ability to interact professionally with all staff, clients, volunteers, and community partners.
- Must be friendly, flexible, able to handle challenges, and able to work with limited supervision.
- Provide daily direction and general supervision of Program Assistants and volunteers.
- Requires a current Florida nursing license, the minimum requirement is LPN.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook). Must have experience using computer software applications for record management and the ability to quickly learn the organization's systems.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer and standing.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Must be able to navigate various departments of a physical location.
- Must be able to assist potentially frail seniors in wheelchairs or using assistive devices.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work environment may vary between locations and include stairs, office space adaptation when traveling, and a moderate noise level.
- Senior Friendship Centers is a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
- Occasional travel to other ADS program locations to assist with program duties and training may be requested.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- A valid driver's license and proof of insurance are required for all work-related travel.
- Satisfactory clearance of a fingerprint-based, level II background screening, tuberculous test, and pre-employment substance abuse testing is required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Please note: while this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the primary requirements of the job, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Management reserves the right to add or remove duties, responsibilities, and activities at any time with or without notice when circumstances (e.g. emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, or technological developments) dictate.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement:
It is the policy of Senior Friendship Centers to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all company-sponsored employee activities.