- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who is Senior plc?
Senior plc is an international, market-leading, engineering solutions provider with 30 operating businesses in 13 countries. Senior designs manufacture and markets high-technology components and systems for the principal original equipment producers in the worldwide aerospace, defense, and land vehicle and power & energy markets. The Group is split into two divisions, Aerospace and Flexonics, servicing five key sectors.
Our global values underpin what we do, and how we do it …
Safety – Integrity – Customer Focus – Respect & Trust – Accountability – Excellence
Who is Senior Operations SoCal?
We are a technology-driven, team-oriented, manufacturing company that takes pride in the relationships we build with our customers, suppliers, and with each other. We offer exciting career opportunities in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment and reward employees who are motivated, innovative, and results-oriented. We are looking for dedicated individuals to join us in engineering solutions for our customers.
We are currently seeking a full-time CNC Machinist III for our 2nd shift (3 pm-11:30 pm) shift differential pay, at our Kearney Mesa location.
What does the job involve?
Set up and operate computer numerical control (CNC) machines to include Lathe, Mill, and Vertical Turret Lathes (VTL), to perform and produce precision metal parts and materials. Determines dimensions and tolerances of material for machining, sequences of operations required by studying specifications such as blueprints and sketches. Makes adjustments to adhere to established specifications. Plans and executes complex to potentially difficult machining assignments using machine tools ranging from multiple axis lathes to mills. Uses precision measuring tools to check accuracy of work.
What will my responsibilities include?
- Set up, adjust and operate machine controls to position tools or regulate cutting depth, speed, feed, or coolant flow to produce precision metal parts and materials as specified by work order, blueprints, drawing, templates, or layout.
- Determines specifications or procedures for tooling requirements, set up procedures, machine operation, work-piece dimensions, or numerical control sequences using blueprints, instructions, and machine knowledge.
- Mounts aligns and secures tooling, attachments, and work-piece on machine chuck. Start and stop automatic operation of numerical control machine parts or test setup, work-piece dimensions, or programming. May adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machine malfunctions.
- Monitor and maintain machines during use in order to diagnose machine malfunctions, need for adjustments or repairs. May perform routine machine maintenance.
- Ability to start and stop automatic operation of numerical control machine or test set up work-piece dimensions, or programming.
- Ensure proper dimensions of finished material to ensure conformance to specifications.
- May clean machine, tooling, and parts and area surrounding machine in accordance with 5S procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to appear for work on time, follow directions from a supervisor, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow work rules and procedures, comply with corporate policies, goals, and objectives, accept constructive feedback, and exhibit initiative and commitment.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
What key skills and experience do I need?
Knowledge of machines and tools. Ability to control operations of equipment and watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure machine is working properly. Ability to read blueprints, drawings, or templates. Ability to move, install, position, and handle materials.
What qualifications should I have?
Education: High school diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: 5 -7 years previous CNC machine setup and operation experience.
Why Join Senior Aerospace Jet Products?
Joining Senior means not only a rewarding career with a tight-knit and collaborative team, but you will also enjoy a competitive compensation package that includes a market-led base salary, commission plan, and a comprehensive benefits package along with wellness benefits, employee recognition program, matching 401k plan, paid vacation, flexible hours, employee wellness activities, tuition reimbursement, and community involvement initiatives.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran
If offer of employment is made it will be contingent upon passing all of the following: Drug Test, Background Check, ITAR, and U.S. Export Compliance Screening.
Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents, U.S. refugees, sales or temporary residents under amnesty provisions [as defined in 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)] and properly licensed foreign persons. Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide information to determine whether they are subject to these regulations and if so, to assess their country of chargeability for trade compliance control purposes. Additionally, potential employee’s names will be screened against the Consolidated Screening List (maintained by the United States government) to determine eligibility to receive technical data.
Please apply to the company website for consideration to this role link is shared below:
CNC Machinist IV (seniorplc.com)
Senior Aerospace Jet Products
9106 Balboa Ave. San DiegoKearny Mesa, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Senior Aerospace Jet Products