Who is Senex?
Senex Services Corporation has operated within the healthcare industry since 1998, working alongside hundreds of providers to give them an alternative solution to their growing self-pay receivables. Our mission is to provide hospitals with collection services while preserving their community reputation through compassionate collections.
We are seeking dedicated and goal-oriented employees to join our team. Candidates with strong customer service skills and excellent attendance records are encouraged to apply for this rewarding career opportunity.
What does Senex Offer?
We value our employees and are proud to offer a competitive hourly rate, monthly bonus opportunities, and a competitive insurance benefits. No weekends or holidays. Our hours of operation are from 8:30 am until 6:30 pm, Monday-Friday.
Hourly Rate: $16.34, plus potential for future bonus
Shifts available are 8:30am-5:30pm, 9am-6pm or 9:30am-6:30pm. NO WEEKENDS.
We offer a paid training program that will prepare you for the role of Customer Service Representative. The training schedule is typically 8:30am-5:30pm, Monday through Friday. After training, employees will begin their assigned shift.
As a Customer Service Representative, you will be contacting customers as a representative of our contracted medical facilities to collect on outstanding debts. Senex Service’s training will teach you how to motivate and guide customers to resolve outstanding debts, while providing outstanding customer service from start to finish.
In this important role you will be utilizing your ability to establish rapport with customers and engage them by providing outstanding customer service & consultation, ultimately leading to a positive outcome for both the customer and our clients. Your professionalism, strong communication & persuasive skills and outstanding customer service will be keys to success in our fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a structured environment
- Ability to navigate multiple computer databases and Type 25 WPM
- Strong communication and persuasive skills
- Ability to adhere to the FDCPA, FCRA, TCPA, HIPAA, and local, state, and federal laws
- Follow training guidelines
- Have a working knowledge of Windows
- Must be able to work assigned schedule and be on time for selected shift
- High School Diploma/GED
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) candidates are highly sought
- Ability to pass required background checks/drug screening(s)
- Previous collections experience is desired, but customer service skills are STRONGLY recommended
- Must be a motivated self-starter with excellent communication skills
- A proven ability to work in a stressful and demanding environment meanwhile maintaining a positive attitude and demeanor.
- A good to excellent attendance record with prior employer(s)
- Starting Pay $16.34 per hour
- Potential for bonus on collections when monthly targets are met.
Senex Services Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Senex Services participates in e-Verify as part of its new hire validation process. With E-Verify we are able to confirm the employment authorization of all newly hired employees through an electronic database maintained by the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security. With respect to new hires, the E-Verify process is completed in conjunction with a new hire's completion of the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification upon commencement of employment. E-Verify is not used as a tool to pre-screen candidates.