Registered Nurse - Nursing Home -FT/PT/PRN
Senex Foundation Trenton, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision
Job Description: /RN
Supervisor: Director of Nursing
- Assess and evaluate resident care in the facility
- Supervise nursing staff in order to meet the needs of the residents and to maintain a quality of service that is in accord with state and federal regulations as well as standards of the facility.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing and current registration in this state.
- 1 year of recent experience in long-term care preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate skills in management and team building.
- Good physical and mental health and evidence of maturity.
- Must have skills in working cooperatively with nursing staff as well as other professionals and have the ability to organize and carry out responsibilities efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately in a wide variety of circumstances, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have patience and tact, and ability to interact with residents based on whatever maturity level at which they are currently functioning.
- All reference verifications are favorable in all categories of character and performance.
- Well-lighted, well-ventilated facility, often at nurse’s stations and resident’s rooms.
- Interacting with the general public, often in adverse conditions; many residents and their families are under emotional stress dealing with issues of illness, hospice, death, and grief.
- Frequently changing conditions in which one must be attentive and able to respond appropriately.
- Constant necessity to respond maturely and effectively with residents, families, staff and other professionals.
- Appropriately represent the facility in dress and demeanor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is very active and requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, kneeling, stooping, crouching, grasping, and carrying.
- The employee must frequently lift or move objects weighing over 50 pounds and occasionally objects up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Specific duties are assigned at the discretion of the DON or facility administrator and may adjusted to meet the needs of the facility and the expertise of personnel available.
- Have a working knowledge of, and access to state regulations and federal standards and act according to those regulations and standards.
- Supervise nursing staff
- Supervise all nursing activities and promote improvement in nursing care.
- Completes nursing assessments as requested.
- Maintain good rapport and open communication with all staff, physicians, families, and the community at large.
- Ensure that all nursing equipment is in safe and usable condition and all supplies are available.
- Support facility staff in their efforts to develop new and innovative care systems.
- Adjust staffing patterns as necessary.
- Supervise scheduling of assignments so as to be consistent with each staff member’s education, training and experience.
- Evaluate, plan and organize nursing care according to available staffing and established policies.
- Assist the DON in evaluating personnel regarding progress and needs for improvement.
- Assist with staff orientation and development.
- Attend meetings and conferences as requested.
- Ensure that established policies and procedures are followed.
- Be aware of all resident’s conditions and to report to the DON pertinent data on residents and staff.
- Report changes in resident’s condition to physician and families.
- Supervise daily maintenance of the resident’s health record to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Make daily rounds on: all condition changes, all critical residents, and all residents exhibiting unusual behavior and/or problems.
- Coordinate resident services within the facility.
- Must be able to assume charge nurse duties if needed in an emergency.
- Audit charts periodically, checking for omissions and/or errors.
- Investigates all incident reports.
- Attends staff report.
- Assist staff nurse with admissions, discharges, and transfers.
- These and other duties as assigned.
- Participate in all required in-service meetings.
- Participate in selected continuing education programs if available.
- Understand and abide by established policies of the facility and interpret them to concerned parties.
- Maintain confidentiality of information; maintain a professional demeanor.
- Account for use of time, report sickness, and plan vacation and holiday time with DON.
- Prepare all required reports and submit to DON.
- Other specific duties as assigned by DON.
Understand that it is my obligation to report any work related injury to my direct supervisor as soon as possible.
Senex FoundationWhy Work Here?
Flexible Hours, Competitive pay, Great work environment, Competitive benefits,
Since its inception, Senex Foundation has been providing a full range of Financial, Development, Marketing and Management services for independent (for profit as well as not for profit) skilled nursing facilities, adult living facilities and senior housing communities we’ve acquired. The career professionals at Senex represent over 30 years of combined experience in the management and development of skilled nursing, long term care, & senior housing facilities.We believe that the foundation of Long Term Care is to serve our clients through a progressive nursing approach in a home-like setting, with the emphasis on individualized care in our facilities. In our central office, we pride ourselves in our small business, family-like environment. We are seeking the right individual to become part of our team!