Seneca Companies is a leader in the petroleum industry, specializing in the installation and maintenance of underground and above ground fuel systems. We are seeking an experienced manager for our Assistant Construction Manager opening for our Denver, CO branch. This position leads all construction projects for the branch and supervises a team (or teams) of skilled UST installers and installers-in-training. The Manager assists Project Managers with estimating equipment, materials, labor and other related costs for drafting proposals. The Assistant Construction Manager will work very closely with the Branch Manager and Construction Manager, preparing to take over the Construction Manager role in 12-24 months.
- Provides direct supervision of all field personnel, service and construction projects and handles field problem-solving and project decision-making activities as needed. Frequently travels to job sites throughout Colorado and neighboring states.
- Assists in project management per SOP procedures.
- Assists in the development of safety policies and guidelines and monitors and directs field personnel’s adherence to Company safety standards.
- Provides input to management regarding personnel related matters such as performance evaluations, training activities, disciplinary action and termination.
- Reviews and monitors the Job Costing Program, ensuring the proper accounting of construction and service costs and activities.
- Works with the Lead Installer in conducting a pre-job review.
- Assists with acquiring services of and coordinates subcontractors for various construction projects, including responsibility for contract administration.
- Confers with vendors and outside contractors regarding purchase of service or product, bid requests and scheduling of contract work. Solicits competitive pricing for construction supplies, materials, equipment and purchases same as approved and authorized. Approves departmental purchase orders and vendor and contractor invoices. Reviews all project invoices for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Conducts pre-bid site visits to evaluate scope of work and to ensure competitiveness in bids as needed.
- Confers with governmental agencies and their representatives regarding project plans, schedules and other matters.
- Works with key house accounts to ensure that their construction projects are completed efficiently and with minimal difficulties and to provide information to the customer regarding new project activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Business or related field preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
- 3-5 years management experience in a construction related field preferred (strong preference for experience with gas stations or UST/AST installation)
- Must be available to travel frequently (typically Mon-Fri)
- Experience managing a team
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and relationship building skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Must have strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite