The Product Architecture Engineer is a member of Sencore's Engineering team. As a part of that team, the Product Architecture Engineer contributes to the research of new technology, the definition of new products, the delivery of front-end design artifacts, and the maintenance of the product definition through the design phase.
The Product Architecture Engineer has critical responsibility in the following areas:
- Supporting the needs of the Engineering Department's internal and external customers, especially as related to products at the entry point of development.
- Supporting the needs of the product's end-user, by helping to ensure the delivery of designs that are sensitive to the end-user application, and meet the requirements set out in the product definition.
- Research, tracking and training in new technologies, and new technology applications.
- Supporting the Engineering Department through the execution of the project, by contributing to the system-level design.
In carrying out these responsibilities, the Product Architecture Engineer will...
- Capture the needs of Product Management, Marketing, and external customers and provide services in the areas of new product feasibility and new product definition.
- Contribute to cost estimates, resource estimates, proposals, and strategic plans on assigned projects - to include internal and external customers.
- Provide specific expertise and consultation on design tasks in the areas of system design, system integration, and new technology applications - to include indirect involvement in design tasks.
- Assist in continuous improvement of the quality of service provided by the Engineering Department by participating in design and peer review processes and participating in training for new technologies, applications, and design/development processes.
- Assist the Engineering Departments in out-sourcing tasks and projects by contributing to Request for Quote (RFQ) documents.
Education and Skill Requirements:
Minimum: BSEE or BSCS
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate with technical personnel.
Experience with PCs and common software with an ability to understand a wide technology base (hardware, software, mechanical, etc.)
Ability to design at system level and follow in-depth design analysis.