We need good and reliable Construction Superintendents who care. Completes on-site construction projects from start-to-finish by planning, organizing, and controlling projects; completing quality inspections; supervising sub-contractors and labor force. Special Consideration for VERY SUCCESSFUL & VERIFIABLE Experience with Federal Government and Public Sector Construction Projects.
- STRONG ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS NEED ONLY APPLY!
- PROFICIENT AT SOLVING PROBLEMS!
- SELF-DISCIPLINED AND HONEST!
- Commensurate with experience
- Medical (100%)
- Year End Bonus
- MUST BE PROFICIENT WITH THE FOLLOWING SOFTWARE: Microsoft Office, MS Projects, Adobe Acrobat.
- SPECIAL CONSIDERATION GIVEN WITH EXPERIENCE WITH FEDERAL GOVERNMENT/MILITARY CONSTRUCTION ATMOSPHERE.
- SPECIAL CONSIDERATION GIVEN WITH EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING SOFTWARE: Foundation Construction Software
- Accomplishes construction human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Manages sub-contractors by locating, evaluating, and selecting sub-contractors; monitoring and controlling performance.
- Meets operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying construction management system improvements.
- Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions; providing non-project annual operating and capital budget information.
- Accomplishes construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
- Approves construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases; obtaining approvals from buyers.
- Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging construction practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Must be able to LOOK AHEAD in order to anticipate issues, obstructions, and problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provide direction to and resolve problems amongst subcontractors and vendors.
- Ability to identify deficient work and provide resolution.
- Communicate using the following tools: telephone, fax machine, electronic logs, email, computer, iPhone devices, and digital camera.
- Blueprint reading.Physically lift up to 100 lbs.
- Endurance and ability to visit entire job site, including stairs or other elevated structures.
- Monitoring jobsite general health and safety.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions;Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of five (5) years of verifiable experience, thorough knowledge of trades and be computer literate. Experience in Federal/Military construction production is preferred. Experience with Foundations Construction Software a plus but not required. Experience with Microsoft office (Excel, word, project & Outlook) is also preferred. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
HONEST, Project Management, Quality Management, Supervision, Managing Profitability, Delegation, Supply Management, CPM Scheduling, Project Management, Estimating, Attention to Detail, Quality Focus, Computer Knowledge