Must have previous office administrative and customer service experience!
The Customer Support Specialist is a vital part of the customer experience team, ensuring an effortless experience for our customers by being the main point of communication during the project life cycle. This person will perform a wide variety of administrative and communication duties including but not limited to coordinating with customers and colleagues to drive project completion in a timely manner producing a 5-Star experience for every customer interaction.
The ideal candidate will be conversationally articulate, highly computer literate with experience utilizing MS Office programs Word and Excel. They will be a team player who is also comfortable taking charge of operational flow and advocating for the customer. They will be polished, professional and have strong organizational skills with the ability to perform multiple projects simultaneously while prioritizing responsibilities and work assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
- Proactively communicate to customers to provide project status updates (scheduling updates, project timelines, scope changes, etc.)
- Problem solve to push jobs forward in a timely manner
- Generate goodwill for the company in the form of 5 star reviews and referrals.
- Submit overlays to customers and obtain approval in a timely manner
- Manage pipeline of customers in a variety of work queues (pre-site, overlay and NEM)
- Create and maintain schedule for site assessors
- Answer incoming calls and field questions from customers
- Collect on accounts receivable and submit information to corporate office
- Advocate for the customer and engage with the appropriate staff to ensure project is meeting SLAs and timelines
- Advocate for the company and use knowledge and sincerity to overcome customer frustrations around construction challenges
- Utilize conflict management skills and escalate issues as needed
- Display an approachable confidence while talking to customers and assisting them throughout their project.
- Communicate effectively with branch personnel using a professional, empowering approach
- Provide daily reports and update to management
- Perform other duties and tasks as needed
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, time management and follow-up skills required
- Ability to manage long term relationships with customers, colleagues, and vendors
- Proven ability to effectively manage complex processes
- High level of organization and professionalism
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment maintaining a positive attitude in stressful situations
- Solution-minded, always looking for ways to improve efficiency, communication, and the customer experience
- Ability to follow through on assigned tasks and projects with minimal supervision
- Foresight and desire to take initiative to achieve desired results
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
Education and/or Work Experience
- Solar, Roofing, PC, Customer Support, or Sales experience highly preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Skills: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Average to Advanced Salesforce Skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and execute both inbound and outbound communication with efficiency
- Ability to learn and apply new software & programs
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, High School Diploma/GED or equivalent required
Semper Solaris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.