Seasonal Crew Lead - Fresno
Semios Fresno, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who we are:
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With over 160 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modelling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2020 & 2019) identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrows clean technology challenges.
- THRIVE - Top 50 Leading AgTech (2019) recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
We are looking for temporary workers to assist with the installation of our wireless networks in almond, pistachio, stone fruit, citrus, and walnut orchards. Season likely to range from October through April.
Who you are:
You are an experienced crew supervisor with a keen ability to motivate and lead people. You enjoy working outdoors. You believe in leading from the front lines and leading by example. You take pride in having things done correctly. You are self motivated, an excellent communicator and a great team player.
What you will do:
- You are responsible for installing, monitoring, and maintaining innovative wireless networks in tree fruit orchards.
- Supervise a crew of seasonal installation technicians; responsible for installing Semios network equipment and sensors.
- Ensure strict adherence to company policy and safety standards
- Employee training, feedback and coaching
- Monitor, assess and report employee productivity
What you bring to the team
- Minimum 2 years experience supervising personnel
- A strong ability to motivate people
- An engaging interpersonal style
- A valid drivers license with no major driving infractions in the last 5 years
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Familiarity with workflow prioritization and scheduling
- Comfortable towing, maneuvering and backing large trailers.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with commercial tree fruit operations and a background in agriculture
- Comfort with and interest in technology
- Work with cutting edge technology
- Work with an enthusiastic team
- Work outdoors
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.