Seminole Sitters is seeking experienced sitters who are joyful and reliable. Should be experienced caring for multiple children at once, including young infants. Preference is given to those who are able to drive children to local activities, though it's not something all families need. Must feel comfortable using an online calendar and Excel.
We have work available year-round, mostly during the day (2-3 weekdays each week) and occasional "date nights" (Friday/Saturday evenings). During the Spring and Fall semesters, we have a big demand for sitters with full day availability: either MWF or TueThu would be most helpful. That said, we are happy to offer flexible schedules around a sitter's current work or school schedule.
Many of our clients have very little ones (under the age of 3yo); some are seeking care at home for their newborns. We also serve local churches by caring for groups of children during weekly events (outside of Sundays).
- Supervise and interact with children in a safe and compassionate manner
- Implement creative activities to assist with child development
- Create a positive and nurturing environment for children
- Perform a variety of tasks per parent instructions, such as dressing, feeding, bathing, and overseeing play
- Pick up children after school, transport to extracurricular activities, assist with homework
- Previous experience with childcare or other related fields, especially with newborns, infants, and toddlers
- Current CPR and First Aid certification, or willingness to become certified within 30 days
- Passionate about working with children
- Ability to build rapport with children and their parents
- Positive and patient demeanor
- Preference given to those with experience caring for children with special needs and/or food allergies