Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida, located minutes from Fort Lauderdale's world-famous beach, features a AAA Four Diamond resort with 469 luxury rooms and suites, over 100 tables, 2000 slot machines, award-winning restaurants, high-energy nightlife, a lagoon-style pool and Beach Club, a Hard Rock-inspired spa, and premium meeting and convention space. The property is currently undergoing a $1.5 billion expansion. When the development is complete in mid-2019, Seminole Hard Rock will be home to an iconic guitar hotel tower that will include a Hard Rock Casino, nearly doubling its current size with 3,267 slot machines, 178 table games plus a new 18,000-square-foot poker room. The existing Hard Rock Live arena will be razed in March 2018, and replaced with a state-of-the-art 7,000-seat Hard Rock Live venue in a theater-style configuration. For more information please visit https://www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com.
Under the direction of the Manager, the Runner is responsible to serve meals to guest. Additionally prepares dining rooms for use, cleans appropriate areas, and sets tables for further use ensuring a positive guest experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations and Seminole Tribe of Florida departmental policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina.
- Completes all established set-up, stocking and closing duties on time.
- Clears, cleans and resets tables according to procedures.
- Knows and adheres to health and sanitation guidelines at all times.
- Demonstrates a courteous, friendly, polite, congenial and efficient attitude.
- Promotes positive guest/employee relations.
- Serves all guests according to established standards of service.
- Delivers all items in a timely and courteous manner.
- Assist servers and bussers as necessary with established pre-bus and pre-set standards.
- Communicates customer requests to assigned server.
- Knowledgeable of restaurant seating plan including sections, table numbers and seat numbers.
- Knowledgeable of restaurant (ordering) systems; expediting systems.
- Communicates with kitchen expeditor; checks order duplicates for correctness; communicates discrepancies to the expeditor.
- Is familiar with all menu specifications and abbreviations.
- Handles and solves any concerns and questions customers may have or relays guest complaints/compliments to the appropriate Assistant Manager on duty.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
- Adheres to food & beverage policies, procedures, state liquor laws, state food safety handler regulations and all related training material.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one (1) year of high volume food service experience. Table service restaurant experience highly preferred.
- Commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a role in the achievement of organizational
- Must present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional
- Management expectation is that you must be able to work any shift including weekends and
- May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.