Semihandmade Monrovia, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
In 2011, Semihandmade created their first high-quality cabinet fronts for IKEA systems. This unorthodox approach caught on quickly and enabled people to purchase moderately priced bases for kitchen and bathrooms and pair them with our premium fronts to create a unique, polished look. Semihandmade’s customers are everyday people and design pros who appreciate the freedom to curate their own spaces.
Ten years and over 20,000 projects later, we launched a whole new concept in spring 2021 – the first D2C American-built, quick-ship cabinet system for your entire home. It’s called BOXI by Semihandmade and is off to a successful start!
At Semihandmade and BOXI, collaboration is one of our fundamental principles. We believe that each team member brings a distinct set of skills, talents, and experiences that are valuable to our success. We believe that great ideas are fostered in a supportive environment, where every person’s voice is heard and valued.
We are currently seeking a Marketing & UX Copywriter for our growing E-commerce brand. The Copywriter creates and owns the voices of both the Semihandmade and BOXI brands through their multiple communication channels, including (but not limited to) paid and organic marketing, web design, and brand materials.
This is a full-time role that can be based in Los Angeles or remotely.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Owns writing engaging and creative copy across all marketing channels: marketing emails, website, social media, printed collateral, and brand materials
- Edit/QC all written content before publication for grammar, spelling, and tone of voice
- Working closely with Senior Art Director to fine-tune brands’ style guides and, on a daily basis, to ensure that words and imagery work in tandem to deliver the message as concisely as possible
- Educate yourself on industry terms and product specifications to assure accuracy through depth of knowledge and understanding
- Continually update existing website content, both promotional and instructional/informational copy
- Write UX copy for site as needed, helping users navigate the site and complete specified tasks easily and efficiently
- Collaborate as needed with Social Media Manager to craft fun and engaging copy for all social channels
- Work with the Director of Content and Growth to ensure that all messaging is aligned with editorial content
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to meet tight deadlines, flexibility with regard to quick turnarounds and edits
- A love for brainstorming subject lines and headers
- Versatile writer and thinker who’s comfortable using creative and technical language.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years of successful copywriting experience with portfolio.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental, 401K w/ Employer Match.
416 West Chestnut Ave Monrovia CA 91016Monrovia, CA
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Semihandmade