Technician, Assembly, Mechanical, Vacuum
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Technician Job Summary
We are seeking a technician for assembly, testing and troubleshooting of automated vacuum deposition equipment. A background in assembly or maintenance of any complex equipment is desired. Experience with high vacuum based deposition equipment is desired but experience with any industrial equipment or automotive/heavy equipment is a plus.
Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and analyze electrical systems
- Collaborate with architects and engineers to determine the best placement of electrical wiring
- Test devices for improvement, safety, and quality control
- Update older electrical systems for changes, cost reductions, improvements, safety, and quality control
- Repair broken equipment and wiring
- Review architectural plans
- Perform and analyze tests to track results and make improvements
- Work with builders and make recommendations
- Perform calibrations for wire placement and electronic components
- Responsible for all required electrical qualification tests on projects and ensure compliance with all outside parties involved
- Participate in test runs and meet safety regulations
- Modify systems to be environmentally friendly
Technician Requirements and Qualifications
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Flexible and able to multitask on several different aspects of a project or on multiple projects
- Able to take initiative to recommend projects, product improvements, or cost reductions
- In-depth understanding of electrical regulations, construction, materials, and industry
- Strict attention to detail
- Technical school degree and certification for technicians; license as required by state
- Four to five years of experience as a technician, technician apprentice, or relevant work experience
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Excellent communicator; able to understand instructions and communicate effectively
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal property and safety regulations
- Strong mathematical and technical skills
Whether you want to take advantage of our proven industrial solutions for vacuum system automation, process control and supervisory monitoring applications or need to develop some unique new application of your own design you will find Semicore’s staff and facilities to be competent, open-minded and eager to help.
Semicore EquipmentWhy Work Here?
Semicore Equipment, Inc. is a Silicon Valley based manufacturer and worldwide supplier of vacuum coating systems.
Our high-performance production or R&D vacuum sputtering and thin-film evaporation systems provide coatings on a variety of materials including plastic films, glass, ceramics, metals and hybrid substrates. Whether you want to take advantage of our proven industrial solutions for vacuum system automation, process control and supervisory monitoring applications or need to develop some unique new application of your own design you will find Semicore’s staff and facilities to be competent, open-minded and eager to help.
470 Commerce Way LivermoreFremont, CA