Truck Diesel Tech - 1pm-8pm
- Posted: over a month ago
Semi-Trailer Big Box, a Big Truck and Semi-Trailer dealership with Branches in Atlanta Georgia and Dallas Texas is seeking experienced Full Time (35 Hrs. Per week) Truck Diesel Mechanics to join our Maintenance team. We are seeking individuals who know what they want and possess very clear goals. We are in a B2B industry. We sell heavy equipment nationally. We are in the fast-paced transportation industry but operate with a SAFETY-FIRST policy.
This full-time position will be located in our Waxahachie Tx Branch Office. We run a small shop with approximately 4 techs. This position will focus on maintenance, repair and refurbishment of our Yard Spotter Truck equipment. Major models are Tico, Ottawa and Capacity. Major Engines are Cummins and Caterpillar.
Work Life Balance:
- 7-Hour Workday - 30 min break - Paid
- 1pm to 8pm - Monday thru Friday
- Simple Concept - Work Hard - Go Home Enjoy Your Mornings
- 35 Hours per week - Total commitment
- Great Pay - $25-$35-Hr
- Full Time Status
- Properly inspect trucks both in the field and at the shop.
- Operate all diagnostic computers and equipment.
- Diagnose any and all problems both mechanical and physical.
- Work with the Operations Manager to develop a plan and estimate of needed repairs.
- Manage and execute all needed repairs on a timely basis.
- Communicate effectively with all associates.
- Keep accurate, easy-to-read records of work performed utilizing company processes.
- Follow all Safety guidelines. Adhere to safety and regulatory compliance standards
- Maintain a well-organized shop work area and properly care for all shop tools and equipment.
- Manage and negotiate with vendors related to parts and repair needs.
- Manage costs by using warranty, evaluating services and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Stay current with technical changes, continuing to update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhance the the standing of the maintenance department and company by keeping and demanding a a standard of excellence.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ Years of Demonstrated Diesel - Heavy Duty Truck Repair Experience.
- Yard spotters experience a huge plus.
- Clear passion and Goal for a career in Heavy Equipment Maintenance & Repairs
- Good verbal & written skills required
- Organized & good communicator
- Strong work ethic - Dependable & Focused
- Self-Motivated - Aggressive - Goal Oriented
- Willing to continue learning and improving.
- Big truck Dealership experience a plus
- Valid Driver's License - CDL Preferred
- Must have own tools.
- Able to pass background-drug check
What We Offer:
- 7 Hour Shift
- 1pm - 8pm M-F
- 30 Min break
- $25-35/ Hour
- Guaranteed work
- 8 Paid Holidays per year
- Earned Paid time off program - 15 days per year.
- Health Benefits Plan
If you have an interest in this opportunity where you really make a difference, we would love to hear from you. Our goal is to match our opportunities to like-minded, goal-oriented people. Please take time to make sure you are clear on your goals. Your goals are our goals.
Powered by JazzHR
Semi-Trailer Big Box
AutomotiveView all jobs at Semi-Trailer Big Box