Director, Manufacturing and Fulfillment
Semi Exact Minden, NV
- Expired: August 02, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are creating a new category in the consumer goods market that changes the way people think about creating, purchasing and enjoying furniture. You will be one of the first hires in a fast-growing startup.
As a team, were excited to bring this role on to our growing team and are looking for someone that shares a similar passion for the industry that we are impacting and customers that we are supporting each and every day.
The Director, Manufacturing and Fulfillment will play a key role in optimizing efficiencies in operations and ensuring customer satisfaction levels are continually met or exceeded. As a member of the leadership team, this role will be essential in continuous improvement of processes and operations while driving a culture of safety.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following is a list of key items required for this role. Additional items may be required based on the needs of the business.
- People and Leadership: Works closely with Human Resources to identify and build organizational talent within through coaching, mentoring, developing skills and rewarding performance.
- Relationship Building: Be solution-focused to facilitate fast improvements and improved working relationships throughout all stakeholder interactions from suppliers to customers and other team members.
- Budgeting: Proactively, create and develop positive relationships with vendors, negotiate and establish raw material, labor and overhead expenses within budget. Identify, communicate and drive implementation of capital investments and improvement projects with the support of executive management.
- Continuous Improvement Processes: Assist in the creation of and management in policy deployment in the areas of lean manufacturing techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls and plant performance measures.
- Culture: Drive a culture of safety, genuine care and focus on customer satisfaction and employee engagement while remaining product-centric..
- Operations: Manage material requirements to increase inventory turns and reduce levels on hand in line with the companys goals. Aid in creating and balancing work cell capacity/loading across the plant.
- Compliance: Determine operations headcount needs and ensure compliance with company policies and general policies such as OSHA, etc. Initially, aid in the development of company systems (ERP / MRP), policy, and culture of safety and compliance with all regulations related to the such; then, with executive support, manage said systems, safety policies, compliance, etc.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication
- Growing leadership capability and capacity across the company, with a focus on continuous personal growth in this regard.
- Thorough and deep problem-solving skills utilizing a collaborative approach and radical candor.
- Deep knowledge of project management processes, approach, challenges, solutions and practical implementation as well as software and systems to support efficiency in project management..
- Strategic thinking, working on the business not just in it. The ability to get your team creatively un-stuck as needed.
- ERP / MRP implementation that allows the leadership/executive team to have real-time visibility and scenario modeling for production and inventory management.
- Creating and deploying inventory and fulfillment systems within budget to meet service levels.
- Proactive problem solver and contributor to a team environment.
This role will be part of the leadership team within the organization and is responsible for hiring, training, providing performance reviews, coaching and growing a team of managers, supervisors and administrative personnel.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas that require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. The position may require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. The employee may reach above shoulder heights or below the waist and lift as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. The employee must be able to lift 35 pounds and use proper lifting techniques.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Standard hours for the business operation site is 7am-5pm and the hours will often depend on business needs; sometimes coming in earlier and leaving later to deal with the business demands. This role may be required to work outside of the normal M-F workweek, again as business demands.
Occasional travel is expected with this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Engineering and or Manufacturing
- Minimum 3-5 years director of manufacturing and fulfillment experience in high-precision, high-tech and low-tolerance machining manufacturing environments.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Powered by JazzHR
ManufacturingView all jobs at Semi Exact