Delivery Driver- Sprinter Van
- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 to $24 Hourly
Drivers are responsible for driving, cleaning, and maintaining assigned vehicle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Loading, unloading, and operating a sprinter cargo van daily.
- Picking up and delivering at set locations daily.
- Maintaining safe operation and clean appearance by complying with company operational policies, procedures, and standards.
- Monitoring the need for major repairs, including engine tune-up, oil change, filter change, and tire replacements.
- Operating and maintain vehicle in safe and clean condition.
- Loading and unloading cargo van using a hand truck
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Scan and delivery packages appropriately and on time.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Have a current and valid Driver’s License
- Maintain a good driving record, and appropriate licensing to operate assigned vehicle
- Must have a smartphone to use delivery app
- Ability to safely drive vehicles
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors, and the general public
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions
- Ability to make independent judgments which have moderate impacts on the organization
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to hear. The employee is frequently required to sit or talk. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, stoop, kneel, crouch, hold objects, and perform repetitive motions. The employee is rarely required to climb, balance, crawl, reach, grasp, or feel. The employee must be able to regularly perform light lifting and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Moderate eye/hand/foot coordinate is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to temperature changes and workplace hazards.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Sellers Transportation Services
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Sellers Transportation Services