Administrative Assistant, Healthcare Consulting - Remote/Hybrid
- Expired: February 18, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sellers Dorsey is a leading national healthcare consultancy firm focused on Medicaid strategy and Medicaid finance. We deliver impactful outcomes for our clients with a combination of technical expertise and deep understanding of public policy, government and national and local political landscape. Together with its clients, Sellers Dorsey realizes opportunities that enhance the bottom-line and ultimately improve the lives of people, and is committed to expanding access to healthcare in the United States.
Sellers Dorsey is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant who will provide timely, proactive, and thoughtful support to members of staff of a busy and growing department and its leadership team. The Administrative Assistant promotes integrity, respectful communication, a can-do attitude and continuous improvement. This position requires independent judgment with speed and a high degree of accuracy.
This role is extremely organized, detail oriented, able to confidentially handle multiple priorities on short timelines and will be flexible and adaptable to dynamic situations with changing priorities. This role provides expertise and specialist skills in the area of administration and operations. This role supports the firm through a variety of day-to-day essential administrative tasks and is based in Atlanta, GA. The Administrative Assistant will need to be flexible and comfortable working remotely and under a hybrid schedule whenever it's required.
Work may require periodic availability on weekends and evenings.
Education and Work Experience
- At least three to five years’ experience as an administrative assistant successfully managing similar responsibilities as those listed above.
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex internal and external meetings.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and creatively with strong organizational and task management skills.
- Ability to multitask and deliver services on several projects simultaneously.
- Proactive in nature with the ability to think one step ahead.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients.
- The ability to work effectively independently or in teams.
- Personable and even tempered; capable of handling a high stress environment.
- Adjustable to a fast paced, demanding work environment where priorities frequently change.
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task and meet multiple daily deadlines.
- Positive attitude and resilient, relentless, and resourceful.
- Strong delivery and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information and be trustworthy.
- Willingness to learn.
- Prepare and submit expense reports for multiple users into web-based record system, including reconciling credit cards on a timely basis.
- Coordinate scheduling requests for meetings (in person or by video) across multiple time zones.
- Coordinate and book travel including flights and hotels with firm travel agent.
- Create and modify documents and presentations using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Keep detailed notes from meetings and submit when requested.
- Answer office telephone lines and transfer calls.
- Perform general clerical duties to include photocopying, scanning, mailing and filing.
- Provide various other administrative functions as needed.
- Work productively in conjunction with other staff in an effort to increase overall efficiency in the firm.
- Keep up-to-date on the firm’s administrative and operational policies and communicate updates to multiple users.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Stand/sit at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Lift files and documents, bend, access file cabinets.
- Use hands and fingers, type on keyboard extensively.
- Apply common sense and problem solve.
- Able to manage deadlines and multiple tasks.
- Demonstrate polite and professional communication.
- Environment is a business casual office with moderate noise, frequent interruptions and multiple demands.
Core Behaviors and Competencies:
- Build positive relationships within and outside the Firm.
- Treat clients, strategic partners and fellow employees with respect and professionalism in all interactions.
- Take ownership for one’s professional development by increasing knowledge, skills and abilities in areas that are critical to the Firm’s success.
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other Firm staff.
- Demonstrate formal and ad hoc team leadership in projects, issues or organizations that are critical to achieving the Firm’s strategic goals.
- Be self-motivated, and be an advocate for one’s abilities and talents, both internally and externally.
Key Performance Metrics/Expectations:
- Individual performance goals.
- Successful completion of deliverables, tasks, projects.
- Professional development.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address. For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Requests for reasonable accommodation on the basis of disability and/or sincerely held religious beliefs will be provided subject to undue hardship.
Sellers Dorsey maintains a Drug-Free workplace.
Get fresh Healthcare Strategy Consultant jobs daily straight to your inbox!