Sellen has roots in this city (75 years!); we belong here, and want to count you in!
We think Seattle is a great place to work and live, and we envision a future Seattle that is diverse and thriving. That’s why Sellen has been a part of building some of Seattle’s most exciting spaces where people work, learn and live – and that’s why we show up for our community by leading, doing and giving back. We have a career opening in our Engineering department for a Project Engineer, and you are invited to apply.
Our entry level Project Engineers begin their career at Sellen in a highly dynamic project work environment where they assist in scope and process management and document control. They use their enthusiasm for learning and drive to succeed to perform their many and varied duties.
A day in the life of our Project Engineer (entry level):
- Manage or assist in the management of a scope, or multiple scopes depending on project size.
- Attend Pull Planner and Weekly Planner meetings and track weekly planner data.
- Perform QA/QC inspections, assist with implementation of Indoor Air Quality (IAQ), and Waste Management programs
- Lead assigned elements of project closeout.
- Demonstrate the principles of the Corporate Safety Program at all times and assist the project team in ensuring project safety is managed effectively, proactively and consistently.
- schedule, attend, and take minutes at key project meetings.
- Review extra work orders (EWOs) presented by subcontractors and assist with determining accuracy/validity.
Our perfect candidate has strong communication skills and is successful at organizing and prioritizing their workload. They enjoy forging relationships with a diverse group of individuals; from trade’s people to clients. LEED Green Associate or LEED AP and OSHA 10 certifications are preferred but not required.
Position Requirements: A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, architecture or construction management or comparable combinations of education and experience. Must have demonstrated analytical skills, problem solving abilities, and be effective at building collaborative relationships. Proficiency with MS Office.
Sellen Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive compensation package including 401(k) match, insurance benefits, PTO and a bonus pay program.