For consideration apply online at: https://www.selfhelp.net/careers.php. Please attach a copy of your resume after completing the application. EOE.
Job Summary: Responsible for assisting the director in operating the bustling Innovative Senior Center by overseeing administrative management, bookkeeping and time sheet system for almost forty full and part-time staff; by maintaining and troubleshooting Department for the Aging’s PeerPlace database; by supporting volunteer management and fund raising; by supervising and backing up social services; and by supporting program implementation, development and evaluation.
1. Supervise Social/Casework staff and casework.
2. Provide direct case work to clients.
3. Create and oversee relevant daily programs, maintaining monthly calendars that meet or exceed contractual service requirements.
4. Maintain center’s data in DFTA’s PeerPlace database for membership tracking and reporting, and create reports as needed.
5. Oversee general maintenance of the center and the offsite rooms utilized for center activity, with special attention to safety issues.
6. Oversee daily Voluntary Contribution/Fund Raising money donations, counting, verifying, recording, depositing, etc.
7. Work with Policy Advisory Committee on fundraising events.
8. Conduct appraisals for some staff, including maintenance worker, cook and kitchen manager.
9. Utilize database to monitor and report on staff attendance.
10. Oversee Simple Servings online menu planning and monthly menu implementation.
11. Administer Unusual Occurrence database reporting.
12. Back up processing and submitting invoices to bookkeeper.
13. Provide back-up social service as needed; [occasional Saturday availability preferred].
14. Explore community resources, conduct community outreach and build linkages.
15. Substitute for the director in the director’s absence.
16. Perform other duties as needed.
- MSW from an accredited college/university.
- Bilingual (English/Chinese).
- Have minimum of 3 years of experiences in program implementation, promotion, recruitment, planning, development, and evaluation.
- Have minimum of 3 years of experiences in administration, fund raising and personnel management.
- Demonstrated commitment to mission, value, and goals of Selfhelp.
- Passion for serving older people.
- Demonstrated ability to create a climate where staffers are motivated to do their best to achieve the common goal of helping members age well at home and in the community.
- Demonstrated personal quality to take the lead and to inspire and motivate team members to take action.
- Demonstrated ability to get along well with others – will need to succeed with staffers, PAC members, other volunteers and seniors.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a vibrant, fast paced environment and to manage stress.
- Computer proficient; word processing and database experience required, knowledge of PeerPlace preferred.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to join our vibrant, diverse and quality team:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick and personal days)
- 56% of managers and directors at Selfhelp have participated in a leadership training program
- Work with intelligent, creative, and skilled people
- Make a positive difference in the lives of older adults
- Support our vital mission working with diverse populations including Holocaust survivors, Chinese immigrants, senior center members, senior housing residents, home care clients, guardianships and others in need of services
- Pension plan and 403(b)
- Employee recognition, staff development and team-building
- Work-life balance