ESCROW OFFICER - CLOSER
Selene Finance Draper, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Selene Title is part of a multi-line of business financial services firm with a mortgage servicing company, a loan diligence company, a title company, and an insurance brokerage. There are locations in Houston, TX, Jacksonville, FL, Salt Lake City, UT and Dallas, TX. Founded in 2007 to address needs in the mortgage industry, we strive to provide amazing client and borrower experiences. A positive attitude coupled with proven creative thinking and actions are attributes we seek in all of our employees. If you want to make a difference, Selene Title is the place for you!
Position Summary: The Escrow Officer is responsible for the review, processing and closing of real estate transactions including residential purchase, home equity, refinance and resale. Candidates should possess the ability to work well with people as this is a customer driven industry. The position will include the responsibilities of preparing settlement statements, preparing closing documents, understanding and complying with escrow instructions, conducting closings and handling funds placed through the Company's escrow account. We strive to build trust between staff and customers as well as outstanding service to grow our business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage the entire real estate transaction process according to sales contracts, lender instructions, company requirements, and other written instructions.
- Reviewing title commitments, sales contracts and other related documents relating to residential real estate transactions for compliance and accuracy.
- Preparing Closing Disclosures/HUD-1 Settlement Statements, conveyance and other settlement documents necessary to complete closing transactions.
- Examining and clearing requirements on title commitments and lender closing instructions.
- Obtaining and preparing information needed to close a transaction.
- Working closely and coordinating closing transactions with clients, lenders, realtors, staff, and any other relevant parties to ensure a proper timely closing transaction.
- Balancing the closing disclosure or HUD-1 Settlement Statements, reviewing funds received and coordinating proper disbursement of closing funds.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Licensed in UT for Escrow and/or Title lines
- Customer service oriented, with strong drive to meet goals
- Preferred to be proficient with title and closing production systems (SoftPro or Resware)
- Excellent product knowledge, client relations, and presentation skills.
- Strong follow up skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Retail Closings and multi-state experience a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of the Title Insurance and real estate process, while interacting with realtors, buyers, sellers, and attorneys.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Up to 3 years Closing experience. Must be proficient with title and closing production systems, including Resware. Experienced with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the escrow/title industry field.
Not required. Position is located in Salt Lake City, UT.
Why Selene Title?
Selene Title is committed to the total well-being of its employees and offers one of the best benefits packages available in the industry, including:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, Dental &Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Matching 401(k) Plan
The job requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. This job description is not an inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities of this position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Selene Title reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Selene Finance