Appliance Repair Specialist Job is being offered by a family-owned appliance store based in Salem, OR since 1984. They believe in in low prices and top notch customer service and believe their knowledge of appliances they sell sets high above the competition.
Purpose: This position is responsible for driving to assigned customers’ homes and/or businesses, diagnosing repair needs for large appliances, generating an exact quote for repair and making the necessary repairs.
Overview of Position: The Service Professional is the face of the company when interacting with our customers. This means providing courteous and reliable service. This means leaving the customer’s home or business in better shape than when you arrived. Additionally, respect is shown at all times to the customer, their time and their home or business.
This position is also responsible for communicating with the customer to understand the problems or concerns they have with their appliances. Additionally, this position must communicate effectively with the customer regarding the recommended repairs and in the proper use of the appliance.
In order to diagnosis appliance repair needs, the Service Professional will, at a minimum, employ the following:
- Listen to customers and/or refer to work orders in order to establish the nature of appliance malfunctions.
- Disassemble appliances so that problems can be diagnosed and repairs can be made.
- Observe and examine appliances during operation to detect specific malfunctions such as loose parts or leaking fluid.
- Refer to schematic drawings, product manuals, and troubleshooting guides in order to diagnose and repair problems.
- Test and examine gas pipelines and equipment to locate leaks and faulty connections, and to determine the pressure and flow of gas.
- Trace electrical circuits, following diagrams, and conduct tests with circuit testers and other equipment to locate shorts and grounds.
- Other methods as required.
Appliance repair will require some or all of the following:
- Determine parts needed to repair the appliance, utilizing schematics and other resources.
- Light and adjust pilot lights on gas stoves, and examine valves and burners for gas leakage and specified flame.
- Reassemble units after repairs are made, making adjustments and cleaning and lubricating parts as needed.
- Clean and reinstall parts as needed.
- Replace worn and defective parts such as, switches, bearings, transmissions, belts, gears, circuit boards, or defective wiring.
- Set appliance thermostats, and check to ensure that they are functioning properly.
- Clean, lubricate, and touch up minor defects on newly installed or repaired appliances.
- Conserve, recover, and recycle refrigerants used in cooling systems.
- Level refrigerators, adjust doors, and connect water lines to water pipes for ice makers and water dispensers, using hand tools.
- Level washing machines and connect hoses to water pipes, using hand tools.
- Install gas pipes and water lines to connect appliances to existing gas lines or plumbing.
- Service and repair electrical and/or gas appliances such as clothes washers, refrigerators, stoves, dryers, etc.
- Other steps necessary to repair the appliance as required.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Instruct customers regarding operation and care of appliances, and provide information such as emergency service numbers.
- Always ask customer if they would like you to look at anything else while you are there.
- Accept “same day” work orders when required.
- Distribute marketing materials as instructed, i.e., business cards, flyers, magnets, stickers, etc.
- Offer customers add-on merchandise when appropriate.
- Full uniform is always required: Clean and pressed uniform shirt, blue trousers, black buckle-less belt, black polishable shoes, identification badge.
- Keep an extra uniform shirt in the truck in case you get soiled.
- Care for all company-issued tools, equipment and vehicle with utmost care.
- Smoking is prohibited in the van. If you do smoke, spray your clothes with Febreze and use breath mints before entering the customer’s home.
- Keep your van clean. Regular inspections will be conducted. Dashboard must be clear.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of two years experience repairing appliances.
- Temp to Perm
- M-F 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Bring own lunch/drink-may eat lunch in the truck-be prepared for that
- Will receive company logo shirt
- $18-25/hr DOE