Our client is a leading industrial engineering firm that is looking to bring on an assistant document controller to their document control team. This role will work with internal databases and be responsible for taking electronic engineering images and ensuring they are stored properly in their database management system. The position will help distribute documents among engineers, vendors, subcontractors, clients and management in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Accurately process project-specific documentation for use, revision and approval using a document management system according to procedures
- Confers with document originators to resolve discrepancies in documentation status or procedures
- Perform quality checks of documentation prior to issuance
- Prepare and manage electronic collaborative reviews.
- Transmit to vendors or/and customers via e-mail or web based systems reviewed or new documents.
- Assist engineering personnel with finding filed documents.
- Produce reports on documentation status
- Assists in training users of document management tool
- Prepare equipment manuals (hard copies and electronic) which include Proprietary and OEM manuals from vendors.
- 1 plus year of Document Management
- Experience with publishing software such as Adobe & Adobe Lifecycle
- Experience with Collaboration software (example SharePoint)
- Microsoft Office (Excel & Word) Experience
- Strong Communication Skills
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Previous document control experience for an engineering firm
Pay: $20-$21 per hour
Term: 6 Months Temp to Direct