Looking for a clerk position? The city of San Bernardino is looking for a Transportation Clerk!!
Apply Now! Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 -4:30 p.m.
- Receive incoming shipments and compare items to work orders provided by supervisor
- Count items to ensure that the correct number have been received
- Determine storage areas for incoming shipments and allocate appropriate space within the warehouse
- Assist in physically moving incoming items to designated storage areas and supervise storage activities
- Look through work orders to determine order picking activities and pick orders according to the specific instructions provided
- Select the method of consignment utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates
- Compare the amount and identification numbers of goods against orders
- Maintain files of shipping/receiving records
- Attach identifying information and delivery instructions on containers
- Organize records of goods shipped
- Must be able to lift weights of 55 lbs frequently.
- Must be able to be able to bend and lift frequently.
- Must be able to follow directions and work independently.
Computer literate, email, and Customer Service • Phone etiquette • Working with carriers • Signing in and out drivers • Printing orders and closing • Billing • Handing work to the warehouse staff • Multi tasking and Working well with peers • Working good under pressure • Flexible to work different shifts and weekends
Routing guide knowledge
Organizing and communicating
Knowledge in routing Exports
Customer service research and response.