SelectStaffing Independence, OR
- Posted: 24 days ago
We are currently looking to hire a hands on Office Manager for a leading lawn and garden care company in Independence, OR. On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for the administration of all plant financial, safety, associate development, quality and customer service related objectives. You will direct and/or support a broad range of activities including customer service, maintenance of personnel records, payroll reporting, maintenance of data records for production and inventory, and maintenance and reconciliation of accounts payable and receivables.
Shift: Monday - Saturday 6a -4:30 pm (Hours may vary - they are currently in their peak season; lots of OT available)
Pay: $33-39 an hour depending on experience
In this role you will:
- Supervise work activities of the office staff. Assign and direct work, interview and recommend hiring, train employees, evaluate work performance, recommend compensation levels and disciplinary action as appropriate. Develop and encourage team rapport among office staff.
- Provide and direct secretarial support which may include typing, data entry, record filing, reporting, and answer phone calls. Provide and directs customer service functions for the growing media orders including processing orders and responds to inquiries.
- Maintain plant personnel records, workers compensation records, accident and OSHA logs, and enter data for the payroll system.
- Provide and direct the preparation of all shipping documents necessary to legally ship growing media products. File and tracks freight rates, fuel taxes, insurance certificates and maintain client accounts. May also perform dispatching duties such as contacting carriers for pick up and delivery. Contact customers to arrange delivery appointments, prepare daily shipping logs, and respond to inquiries.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all accounts payable and receivables at the plant level. Process logs and file invoices and purchase orders, maintain and reconcile accounts payable accounts, petty cash fund and customer debits and credits. Maintain and generates inventory goods receipts, physical inventory documents and reports.
- Assists other supervisors and/or Plant Manager in the overall operation of the facility; performs special projects as requested.
Requirements for the Job:
- A High School Diploma
- Three to five years of office experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment, including prior supervisory experience
- Experience working in the logistics field and or dispatching
- Working knowledge of all facets of customer service, purchasing, distribution, marketing and financials.
- The ability to work extensive overtime
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are required. Must be able to effectively multi-task, problem solve in a fast paced environment and direct others to achieve required goals.
- Excellent computer skills are required.
Other nice to haves:
- An Associate’s Degree in Business or Accounting would be preferred
- Knowledge in freight cost controls, dispatching, LTL carriers, accounts payable and payroll
Upon Conversion to a full time employee:
We Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage. Fitness club reimbursement - $350/ Individual & $500/Family Starting day one, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount). Generous vacation day policy in addition to 11 holidays
BusinessView all jobs at SelectStaffing