We are seeking a 2nd shift PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR to supervise a small crew of production workers at a new facility in SE Portland! This is a great opportunity for someone with demonstrated supervisory and leadership experience in a production environment.
- Coordinate the daily activities of the production team
- Place production orders from customers;
- Inspect all materials and equipment to detect malfunctions;
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures;
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of all manufacturing processes;
- Train new team members in the skills needed to perform their jobs safely
- Ensure strict adherence to safety and environmental regulations and policies;
- Sustain a productive work environment, including hiring, scheduling and performance management;
- Review time sheets daily and follow up with team members to ensure compliance with state-mandated meals and break laws;
- Ensure accurate labeling and record keeping is sustained throughout the manufacturing process including inputting data into company systems;
- Provide hands-on execution support to maintain production capacity as needed; &
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in production, manufacturing, or other related fields;
- Knowledge of production tools and equipment;
- Strong leadership qualities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Previous experience in a supervisory capacity in a manufacturing or construction context preferred;
- Ability to create and follow schedules;
- Willing and available to work night shift;
- Basic computer skills including email and data entry;
- Willingness to assume accountability for plant practices required; &
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and carry loads of 50+ lbs necessary.
Why Work Here?Select Staffing matches talent with opportunity. Whether you’re looking for guidance on how to get a job or searching for staffing solutions for your business, we’ve got you covered. Select Staffing is a leading staffing agency and part of the EmployBridge Portfolio of Supply Chain Workforce Solutions, the largest light industrial staffing company in the United States.
Better Worklife Academy courses offered and medical benefits