Job Title: Secretary III
Location: 2799 W. Grand Blvd Detroit, Michigan 48202
Duration: 03+ Months
Job ID: HFHS - 10484749
• Under direct supervision from a Manager, Director, or Staff Physician, performs secretarial duties such as typing routine correspondence and forms, maintaining files, distributing mail, and so forth. Work is planned and checked by supervisor.
• Uses discretion and judgment when screening visitors and telephone calls, making necessary grammatical or spelling changes in correspondence, and organizing own workload to meet established priorities.
• Previous experience scheduling appointments/maintaining calendars required.
• Progressively more responsible related work experience necessary in order to gain in-depth understanding or organizational policies, procedures and operations, in order to assume a variety of high-level administrative details including arranging meetings and conferences without prior clearance, answering semi-complex correspondence, assembling highly confidential and sensitive information, answering questions of influential callers, and so forth.
• Interpersonal skills necessary in order to effectively communicate with external and internal callers and visitors, often dealing with sensitive/highly confidential matters.
• Analytical skills necessary in order to handle semi-complex administrative details such as preparing special non-recurring reports by combining confidential data from several sources, and scheduling and handling administrative/secretarial needs of supervisor.
• High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent - Required