Job Title: Investigator Initiated Research (IIR) Manager III / Grant Manager
Location: New York – NY
Duration: 36 Months (Contract with possibility of extension) on W2
Pay Rate: Up To $50/- Per Hour on W2 Without Benefits
******Out station candidates can be considered if open for relocation********
- The Manager, Global Medical Grants provides leadership, expertise, and oversight for the execution and management of the Global Medical Grants program that spans the translation spectrum, including independent research, quality improvement, Emerging Science/Knowledge Exchange (medical education) and Healthcare Charitables.
- The Global Medical Grants program, aligned with company business interests, allows for the support of independent research, and dissemination of emerging science to close knowledge and practice gaps, while helping to build the capabilities of healthcare systems to plan for and manage change
- The Manager, Global Medical Grants works closely with Global Medical Grants and Research Collaborations (GMGRC) Grant Officers, MAPS Operations & Effectiveness team, internal and external stakeholders to assess, develop and implement a strategy for clinical areas where independent grant support makes the most sense from a strategic, as well as needs perspective.
- The Manager, Global Medical Grants will be responsible for the applying judgment to the review and decision-making process (approve/deny/cancel) for grants in different categories based on a certain dollar threshold, and will engage external stakeholders in appropriate dialog to ask and/or answer questions regarding strategy/goals/process, etc. For certain grants, the Manager, Global Medical Grants will shepherd the review process through required workflow, e.g., requests submitted in response to posted competitive grants programs; engage with Global Grant Officers, internal stakeholders and external stakeholders (eg, ERP members) as applicable.
- Working with assigned Grant Officer and for all grant types (clinical research, Health Services Research/non-interventional research, Quality Improvement/Practice Improvement, Medical Education, Healthcare Charitable Contributions) this colleague will serve in the following capacities:
- Relationship manager for grantees (Primary Investigator, project lead, project managers, sites, co-ops), internal stakeholders
- Partnerships (includes partnership/collaboration agreements)
- Liaison w Global Medical Grants Subject Matter Expert (SME) Network
- Research/intervention, program status oversight
- Study reports/impact reports, grantee point-of-contact (or back-up to Grant Officer)
- Secures and evaluates study and project results, publications, other output for internal/external assessment purposes
- Assists in development of aggregate outcomes reports across clinical areas
- Global/local Review Committees facilitation
- Internal and external
- Approves certain grant types up to a designated dollar threshold
- Training and updates for internal and external stakeholders
- Minimum of a BS/BA in a science or biomedical discipline is required.
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred: Independent research, quality improvement, Continuing Medical Education, Continuing Education and/or Continuing Professional Development and global experience.
Also, as a perk to our recruiting process, you are also now enabled to create your own profile at JOBMA. (www.Jobma.com) This proprietary video recruiting platform enables greater visibility for our candidates by allowing Job Seekers to speak for themselves. Cast your net to a larger hiring audience by creating your video resume profile.
Rohit Ahlawat, Technical Recruiter
HQ: 13911 Ridgedale Drive, Suite 230
Minnetonka, Minnesota 55305
( Work: 952-546-3300 ext. 6019, ( Cell: 651-204-7041 *: firstname.lastname@example.org