To setup and assemble electromechanical, solid state and microprocessor-based protective relays, switches, and other electronic assemblies. This involves winding and assembly of sub-assemblies and finished parts with small components consisting of such items as capacitors, micro-chips, resistors, transformers, indicators, wires and switches, and printed circuit boards in accordance with product specification sheets, drawings and methods, schedules, and customer needs.
To include: Coil winding; Circuit board and other relay sub-assemblies ; Relay assembly
1. Ability to work independently.
2. Follow methods and drawing information required to assemble relays/switches/electronic assemblies.
3. Follow procedures in ordering and receiving material.
4. Support quality manufacturing goals, productivity and on-time shipment goals.
5. Report material defects and shortage to supervisor or operational specialist.
6. Perform assembly and/or test duties as required.
7. Maintain tools, equipment and working area in a clean and orderly condition.
8. Perform duties in accordance with the Quality, Safety and Environmental Management Systems
and required PPE
9. Assistance in identifying and initiating process, method, or drawing updates/changes.
Tools, Equipment and Materials
Bench fixtures, hand tools, riveting machines, air/electric drivers, gauges, ohmmeter, and automatic test equipment, winding machines, mandrels, and soldering iron.
Relay components, Relay and FT components, test equipment, modular components, wrist and foot grounding straps/ESD footwear
Complexity of Tasks: Follow standard practices and procedures in resolving basic and complex problems. Decisions are usually based on established precedents and may affect quality and accuracy to a degree. Errors may result in lost time and rework.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
Qualifications: High School degree plus 5 or more years of related experience in assembly. Alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments. Capable of reading and interpreting Engineering configuration and wiring drawings.
Minimum Requirements: High School Diploma 2 or more years of related experience in assembly. Alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
Demonstrated ability to read and interpret Engineering configuration and wiring drawings.
Ability to solder
Must be able to read, speak and write English
Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing and electronic component assembly
Select Source International
Why Work Here?Select Source International (SSI) is an IT, Health Care and Engineering Services consulting firm that has been in business since 1998. SSI consultants have provided exceptional services that have been appreciated by clients, customers, and users alike at several large Fortune 500 companies, mid-size enterprises, and consulting companies.
GROW YOUR CAREER. BEST WORKING ENVIRONMENT. APPLY TODAY. RECOMMEND TODAY.