Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Licensed Professional Counselor
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
We currently have an opening for a Full Time Licensed Professional Counselor position at our Neuro Transitional Rehabilitation facility. Masters Level Psychological Associate.
Counselor needed to address special needs of population including the ability to do some neuropsych and psychological testing, developing relationship with patients to improve psychological, emotional, coping and behavioral management skills. Must have the ability to communicate effectively and engage patient, family and team. Ability to address cognitive, functional treatment including community integration activities and assist patients and team in the development of functional, meaningful activities.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (including licensure, certification and other job-related credentials)
1. Master’s degree appropriate to position.
2. Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker
3. Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Abilities to learn and teach psychological measures, observe confidentiality and standardization, and demonstrate accuracy, reliability and organizational skill.
5. Certified BLS completion required; for new hires, see CPR Requirement Guidelines for New Hires.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.